It’s a bit of peachy keen and I’m good with that! Prosciutto, caramelized peaches all with a brie creamy sauce top off these flavorful bagel sliders.
If you can find mini-bagels, they make wonderful little bagel sliders and are also wonderful made into little pizza bites or my favorite, French Toast. After making this recipe, I had some of this creamy Brie sauce leftover – all I can say is grilled cheeeeeeese baby!
Warning – rabbit trail ahead.
So, just because I can, I wanted to tell you about how my morning went the other day. It was a bit like this:
Breakfast – scrambled eggs, no toast for the little ones and some fruit. Clear the dishes but left in sink, because we had to leave quickly for school.
After my grocery run (hoping that I have all the ingredients I need to make THIS recipe), I come back home and empty the dishwasher, load the dishwasher, run the dishwasher. In the midst of all of that, I make coffee, drink coffee, pour more coffee and repeat. While drinking the coffee and waiting for the dishwasher to finish, I scroll through my notices (yes, all of this in the kitchen while hovering near the coffee), and then double check my ingredients that I need. Yah, I didn’t miss a thing (phew). Dishwasher is finished, empty dishwasher. Drink more coffee, and set out ingredients for this recipe. Now I get to cook (joy, elation).
I enjoy being in the kitchen, but oddly enough am not in there as much as you might think. Most of my time is spent on this contraption, often referred to as a laptop or computer. So, when I am in that kitchen, it’s kind of like a mini-vacay, except for the dirty dishes.
(No, there was no purpose in that rabbit trail)
Now … I’m sharing one of my favorite, simple to make and appetizing bagel sliders recipes. I’ve used prosciutto, but trust me, you can happily use a crispy bacon instead. It’s all good. The creamy cheese sauce is made with buttery brie and gives this sauce just the right amount of a tangy bite, perfect to use for a variety of recipes including the humble grilled cheese. You could also top off pasta or pizza with the cheese sauce and if you need it to be thinned out, simply add some more cream mixing until desired consistency.
When picking out peaches, make sure they are on the firmer side, which will give you the best texture once they are cooked. If they are too ripe, once cooked – well … we’re talking jam-like stuff.
If you are serving during a dinner party or luncheon, consider partially assembling the bagel sliders and allowing the guest to finish by adding their own desired amount of brie cheese sauce, which can be kept in a dip warmer.
Prosciutto Brie and Peaches Bagel Slider
Yield 4 - 6
A simple and easy-to-make Prosciutto Peaches and Brie Bagel Slider. They are great for luncheons, dinner parties or brunch.
- 1 Tbls Unsalted Butter
- 1 fresh Peach, (firm) peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp fresh Thyme (1/4 tsp dried Thyme)
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Tbls Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbls All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 oz Brie, rind removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Mini-Bagels, plain
- Prosciutto slices, about 1 - 2 slices per slider
- Fresh Thyme leaves to garnish, if desired
- In a saute pan over medium heat, melt the Butter.
- Add in the sliced Peaches, giving it a good stir to coat and allow to cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until just starting to soften.
- Sprinkle in the Thyme and add the Honey. Stir well, and cook for an additional 1 - 2 minutes or until honey has caramelized the peaches.Remove from heat and set aside.
Brie Cheese Sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, melt the Butter. Once melted, add in the Flour and stir until you have a paste, about 1 minute.
- Stir, while slowly adding in the Milk and allow to cook over simmer for about a minute.
- Finally add in the roughly chopped Brie cheese and Salt and Pepper, stirring continuously until well incorporated and the cheese is melted. If the consistency is to thick, add in more milk, stirring again until mixed well and keep warm until ready to serve. At this point you can transfer to a warming pot if desired.
- You can either toast, quickly heat in the microwave or serve the bagels at room temperature. To assemble, start by topping off the Bagel with a nice pile of Prosciutto, followed by the caramelized Peaches and finally a spoonful of the creamy, oozy Brie sauce. Sprinkle with a few fresh Thyme leaves and it's ready to enjoy.
The Brie cheese mixture will thicken as it cools, but can be warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds, depending on microwave strength. If you prefer, you can use crispy Bacon instead of Prosciutto, yum either way!Enjoy the Brie Cheese sauce as a fondue with fruits and breads, stirred into hot pasta, spread over pizzas or tucked into a grilled cheese sandwich.