Love oozy, creamy cheese topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions wrapped in a cozy Puff Pastry??? Then this will be right up your alley …
I’m in love with Brie, and I’m not afraid to say so!
Some of my favorite memories are when I went on a holiday with mom to France. Fresh baked breads generously adorned with cheese, yes Brie of course, and Café au lait were the morning ritual. I dearly treasure the opportunity we had to visit, and I hold France personally responsible for deepening my love for Cheese and in particular, Brie.
Offer me Camembert, Brie or Port Salut and I’ll forever be indebted. If for some bizarre reason you’ve not had the opportunity to try them, then think smooth, buttery, creamy and on the mild side – OH Yum!
There are many ways to prepare a Baked Brie, but I find myself baking it this same way just about every time. And if my friends find out that I make this and don’t invite them over, then I’m TOAST! So let’s keep this one quiet 😉
It is honestly so easy to make and taste beautiful every time. A sure crowd pleaser.
If, like me, you would rather ONLY indulge in Baked Brie as a main course, then you’re not alone and I won’t blame you one bit! You can wrap it up as pretty as you please and serve it with extra crusty bread or crackers and maybe have some other choice cheeses to compliment. It’s perfect as a starter/appetizer or “finger” food at any special gathering.
Enjoy and Indulge!
A savory take on Bake Brie, loaded with mushrooms and onions wrapped in a cozy puff pastry!
- 2 Tbls Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp dried Thyme
- 6 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 8 oz Brie Cheese, rind trimmed if preferred
- 1 Egg, beaten for Egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat Butter and saute Onions and Mushrooms with dried Thyme until soft, about 8 - 10 minutes. Set aside.
- If desired, trim the rind of the Brie (my preference for this recipe).
- On a lightly flour dusted surface, unfold Puff Pastry and check for any tears and mend if needed.
- Place Puff Pastry on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top with Brie in center, top off with the sauteed Onions and Mushrooms.
- Pull each corner of Puff Pastry up and pinch seams to seal.
- Brush Pastry with beaten Egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.