Bacon was eaten in the making of this recipe!
For some reason, we’ve abandoned our senses when it comes to bacon, and of course candied bacon or as I’ve endearingly named this recipe, Bourbon Pig Candy, has us completely undone.
As bacon has continually shown it’s daring side by showing up in our desserts, including this Sweet Potato Muffin gone Cupcake with Bacon and Maple Buttercream, we can’t help but love it! It’s brilliant with the best of both worlds, salty and sweet.
Making Bourbon Pig Candy is fairly simple to make, and only has 3 ingredients. It’s great served as a snack, party appetizer (especially for your game day get together), or to give as a gift from your kitchen. You can easily double this recipe, just make sure to bake it in batches, and keep stored in an airtight container once cooled until ready to serve. It’s best served the same day, but can be kept for up to 2 days if stored properly.
You’re welcome 😉
Bourbon Pig Candy - Candied Bacon
Yield 12 slices
So good and easy to make, Bourbon Pig Candy (Candied Bacon)!
- 12 slices Hickory Smoked Bacon, thick cut
- 1 cup light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Bourbon whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Lay Bacon slices in the foil lined pan, make sure to use a pan that has at least 1/2 inch sides.
- In a bowl, mix together the Brown Sugar and Whiskey, until well combined.
- Brush the Bacon with half of the Sugar mixture.
- Bake in oven for about 15 - 20 minutes. Carefully turn each slice over and brush the bacon with the remaining Sugar mixture and return to oven for an additional 15 - 20 minutes or until golden.
- Carefully transfer the bacon to cooling rack and allow to cool. The bacon will become crispier as it cools.
- Serve and enjoy!