So simple to make!
Chicken with Sautéed Pasta, that’s right I said it – Sautéed Pasta!
Pasta is usually an easy “go to” dish anytime, but this has an added dynamic of a kind of nuttiness that makes it so delicious. You don’t have to even use the Chicken in the recipe but it’s a great protein addition.
It’s one of those pasta dishes that work brilliantly as a base and can be served “plain” or dressed up with chicken, sausages, sliced salami, and any of your favorite cheeses. I really enjoy it also with a bit of feta tossed in on occasion.
I used whole wheat thin (angel hair) dried spaghetti noodles and if you can find the dried pasta in the little “nest”, they work best.
So if you are looking for a different way to make your pasta for “spaghetti” night, give this one a try. The kids love it and it’s sure to please. Just remember to make it in a really large skillet (frying pan), as the pasta does that “feeding the masses” bulking up thing.
Perfect with a simple salad and of course garlic or focaccia bread.
- 1 pkg, (12-13 oz) dried Thin (Angel Hair) Pasta
- 3 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Chopped Tomatoes (do not drain)
- 14.5 oz Water (you can use the can from the Tomatoes)
- 14.5 oz V8 Original Juice (or Tomato juice)
- 4 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- small bunch Fresh Basil
- 2 Grilled Chicken Breast, sliced
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- In skillet, over medium heat Olive Oil til hot and add dried pasta (if using “nest” they will loosen as the heat; if using straight pasta, break in half in order to fit in skillet).
- Stir frequently until it starts to turn color, be careful not to let it burn.
- Add Tomatoes with it’s own juice, water and V8 juice. Stir to coat.
- Now add in the Garlic, Oregano and Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cover and turn heat down to Low. Let cook for about 15-20 minutes until Pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, top pasta with sliced Chicken, Basil and Parmesan cheese.