This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
This chimichurri burger recipe has my heart!
Respect the Bun® with Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics and create the best BBQ burger recipes this summer! My family never turns down a stunning, juicy burger, and when it comes to finishing off these BBQ beauties, we top them off with our favorite Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns which are always baked the right way.
Stack that burger!
How do you stack your burger? Some days, I enjoy them plain and straight forward with a bit of mustard, while other times I can seem to get enough avocado or caramelized onions piled on there. For this chimichurri burger recipe, I’ve added a stunning, garlicky chimichurri sauce, then layered it with heirloom tomatoes, provolone cheese, creamy avocados slices and caramelized onions.
More Burger Recipe Ideas?
- Try this burger recipe for the best flippin’ burger.
- This is such a classic, a mushroom Swiss burger.
- How about a little something different and make up these lamb burger sliders.
- These are always a winner around here, the southern burger.
- How about these chipotle pulled pork burgers for a change of pace.
During the summer, enjoying a BBQ has become a ritual that we look forward to. We like to make sure that however we enjoy a burger, that we create them with Pepperidge Farm®Buns, because they have zero high fructose corn syrup and there’s no added colors, only great texture and flavors. For more great easy BBQ recipes ideas and to learn about Pepperidge Farm® learn how to enter the Respect the Bun® promotion, visit www.pepperidgefarm.com. (Don’t forget to click the “Where to Buy” link in the top right corner to find a selected store near you).
What’s your favorite summer BBQ recipe? I’d love to know!
- 2 lbs fresh ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 - 2 tsp Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 medium Red Onion, sliced and lightly salted
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 heirloom Tomato, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Provolone Cheese slices
- Chimichurri Sauce, recipe here
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder together until well incorporated.
- Form into desired size beef patties.
- Chill, covered, in refrigerator at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare your grill.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on the grill with about 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil, then add the sliced Onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender and starting to brown. Set aside.
- You can either cook the burgers on your grill directly or indirectly using the cast iron skillet (as I did). Cook the burger patties for about 3 - 5 minutes on each side or until your desired doneness. If topping with cheese, add to burger patties and allow to melt for about 30 seconds while on the grill.
- Top your Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns with a slice of heirloom tomatoes, grilled burger patties, caramelized Onions, sliced Avocados and drizzle with Chimichurri sauce.