Making up a batch of these Chocolate Caramel Rice Crispy Treats, will surely make a lot of happy tummies!
This recipe is ridiculously easy to make and only takes a few ingredients. Plus, you don’t use marshmallows and make that inevitable sticky mess from the microwave to the bowl to the spoon, basically leaving a trail of goo everywhere. If you prefer the more traditional use of marshmallows, then you should try my other gooey favorite Salted Caramel Rice Crispy Treats.
You can also use other types of chocolate bars like Mars or Snickers. I think what makes this work so well is using a candy that has both a nougat and caramel to bring it all together nicely.
These crispy treats are great to give as gifts from the kitchen, for parties, teachers or any time your heart desires. If you prefer, you can also make them into “pops” or individual muffin cups size, prefect for parties and little hands to handle.
- 5 regular or 24 fun size minis 3 Musketeers bars
- 1 cup Milk Duds
- 5 oz (10 Tbsp) unsalted Butter
- 4 cups puffed rice cereal, (Rice Crispies)
- Line a 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place a saucepan with about 1 - 2 inches of water over medium low heat, bring to a simmer. Then place a heatproof bowl over the saucepan, making sure it doesn't touch the water. (Bowl should sit no more than halfway down into the saucepan).
- Add into the bowl the Candy, stirring frequently, until it's melted.
- Once the candy has melted, add in the unsalted Butter and keep stirring (it won't look pretty but stay with me here). After a few minutes of stirring, it will all come together and become smooth and glossy. Using a whisk works best.
- Remove from heat and fold in the Rice cereal until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the lined baking dish, pressing down as needed, to even out the top.
- Allow to cool for an hour or more, then cut into bars. I find using a bread knife or serrated knife to be easier.