There’s more to Cranberry Sauce than as a side for your Turkey or Ham. Try making these … Cranberry Cream Cheese Pastries!
If you have ever looked at that bowl of leftover Cranberry Sauce and wondered what else you could make with it, then here’s the answer, Cranberry Cream Cheese Pastries. They are so incredibly easy to make and taste amazing for breakfast, as a treat or for dessert!
My favorite way to enjoy these Pastries are with a large vat of coffee for an afternoon pick me up!
This recipe seriously taste lovely and isn’t overly sweet, having just the right amount of sweet and tart yumminess.
If you want to try these pastries with another jam or jelly, that would be easy enough to do too. Just remember that some of the jams and jelly’s are made really sweet so you may not need to sprinkle the sugar over them as in the recipe.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Pastries make wonderful standby’s to have on hand and ready to go. They will keep for a couple of days and are best warmed up in the oven (about 350F) just until they are hot. I love to serve them up for breakfast, brunch, desserts or even as an afternoon treat.
No matter what time of year, these little pastries are so easy to make and with ingredients that you can keep on hand, even with the inevitable leftover cranberry sauce! Try different flavored jams, stewed fruit and even dried fruit as well and enjoy!
Puff Pastry dessert recipes are ideal anytime of year, and add a bit of flair to your holiday menu. Keep a package or two of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets in your freezer to have on hand (a must have staple in our house), pull them out, and add all the goodies for a Pinterest-worthy, yet simple to make, tasty desserts or appetizers. I made this recipe with my simple Cranberry Sauce recipe, it has a slight hint of orange and cinnamon that balance the tartness of the cranberries beautifully and is ideal for making these Cranberry Cream Cheese Pastries.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Pastries
Yield 9 pastries
So easy and delicious, Cranberry Cream Cheese Pastries! Great for using up leftover Cranberry Sauce.
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed and rolled out to 12 x 12 inches
- 4 - 6 oz Cranberry Sauce
- 4 - 6 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Almonds, sliced and toasted
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper.
- Unfold thawed Puff Pastry Sheet. Roll out to 12 x 12 inches. Cut lengthwise into 3 strips, then turn and cut those into thirds again until you have 9 squares.
- Place Puff Pastry squares on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using a knife, lightly score an outline around each square leaving a 1/4 inch border (do not cut all the way through).
- Brush the border of each square with beaten egg.
- Spread softened Cream Cheese on each square then top with the Cranberry Sauce.
- Lightly sprinkle all over with Sugar.
- Top with some sliced and toasted Almonds.
- Bake at 400F for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown on edges and puffed.
- Cool and serve.