Now with the Holidays in plain site, I’ve needed to find quick and easy recipes for treats from my kitchen and this one made the cut …
Easy Chocolate Covered Snack Mix!
I think that there is nothing as wonderful as being able to give yummy gifts from my kitchen. I love it! The only problem I find myself getting into is that I want to make so many tasty treats that I don’t have enough time to do them all.
I’m hoping to be a bit more selective this year and not over do it (bwahaha)! It’s just that I can’t help myself sometimes. The holidays for me always begin right around the middle of October and last until soon after the New Year … between all of the crazy fun of watching my children experience life and all that goes with it and keeping my nose in the mixer bowl trying to figure out what to make next, the hubbub of it all makes for brilliant memories.
BUT with all of that hubbub, I seem to have less and less time so when I can make something that is quick and easy then talk about being Merry!
Enjoy these tasty treats with any of your favorite snack mix or gourmet(ish) trail mix. I decided to stick to my favorite theme of salty sweet and I headed toward that aisle loaded with the original Chex Mix and drowned them in dark melted chocolate!
Now just remember these little treats are suppose to double as one of those “gifts from the kitchen” thingy’s, so don’t too stingy and share a few. (That would fall under the “Do as I say, not as I do” categories, lol!)
Psst … This is a great recipe to have the little ones make for their friends and teachers!
Easy Chocolate Covered Snack Mix
An easy and tasty treat that makes a perfect gift from the kitchen, Easy Chocolate Covered Snack Mix!
- 12 oz Dark Chocolate Chips, melted (Can use White or Milk Chocolate)
- 3 cups Original Chex Mix (or any favorite Snack Mix)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Over medium heat, melt chocolate in small saucepan (do not let burn)
- Spread out the Chex Mix on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the melted Chocolate over the Snack Mix. Toss to coat.
- Spoon mixture into a paper lined muffin tin and let set at room temperature for at least 2 hours before serving them up.
- Serve up or wrap up and enjoy!
Makes about 18