This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fresh From Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
You can’t go wrong with …
Florida Flatbread with Tomatoes and Sweet Peppers!
For me, anything involving Tomatoes and leaning towards Italian cuisine has my attention!
This is such an easy to prepare and get on the table in no time kind of meal. Perfect for our busy lives and picky eaters 😉
Looking for fresh, healthy ingredients that have flavor? It can be hard to find the perfect tomato … you know the kind that has a beautiful color and taste fresh off the vine. Since I’ve lived in Florida, I’ve been wonderfully spoiled with choices of seasonal fresh produce! Yes, I still have to make sure and aware that I’m not picking up strawberries or tomatoes that have been imported from who knows where. So now when I’m buying fresh produce or dinning out, I just make sure that I look for the Fresh From Florida label and I’m good to go. Life is good.
March is chock full of fresh seasonal produce, from Florida Tomatoes to broccoli, mushrooms, oranges, strawberries and so much more. It’s really a wonderful thing to be able to find such a large variety of produce. Now do you see why, I’ve been amazingly spoiled? It’s good stuff! You too can take advantage by keeping an eye out for the Fresh From Florida label.
For great recipe inspiration or to find out more, check out their website Fresh From Florida. You can also show them some social media love and Follow Fresh From Florida on Twitter or Like Fresh From Florida on Facebook.
Here is this month’s featured recipe, it’s super easy to make and can be a meal in itself or makes a great appetizer.
Florida Flatbread with Tomatoes and Sweet Peppers
- 2 medium or 1 large baked flatbread or pizza crust
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (or your favorite)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, hand torn
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 large Florida bell pepper (red, yellow, green or ⅓ of all 3 colors), seeded and sliced thin
- 2 medium Florida tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread olive oil and garlic evenly over the flatbread.
- Evenly distribute three-fourths of the two cheeses over the flatbread.
- Evenly distribute the bell pepper and tomato over the cheese.
- Add remaining cheese to the top of the flatbread.
- Season the flatbread lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake flatbread on a cookie sheet for 7 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove flatbread from oven and garnish with the hand torn basil.
- Cut flatbread into several servings and serve warm.
Note: Instead of Mozzarella, I used a sundried tomato goats cheese! Nice. You can also add any other vegetable you like such as: mushrooms, chili peppers, squash, etc.