Thank you McCormick for sponsoring this post. Visit your local Wal-Mart to pick up McCormick Good Morning Breakfast for your family!
If you were to ask me what my favorite meal time would be, I would have to quickly and vehemently tell you that my absolute favorite mealtime is a gorgeous weekend brunch! I know … I know it’s not your everyday meal time, but I love it!
What I enjoy about a relaxing brunch is that it’s not too early and not too late, and it’s a perfect to ease into your day. After a long, crazy, busy week, you deserve to take it easy, sleep in (hopefully), and enjoy a relaxing meal with family to start off your weekend.
So when planning a delicious brunch, make it easy on yourself and create a brunch that requires minimal pots and pans, and tastes incredible, such as this Mexican Egg Casserole made in the slow cooker. That’s right, get out your slow cooker.
Let the Slow Cooker do The Work: Ease into the morning routine with a breakfast that cooks in the slow cooker. Featuring simple recipes on the package – for everything from egg casseroles to French toast – these seasoning mixes make for warm, hearty breakfast or brunch the whole family can enjoy together. And, they’re gluten free with no artificial colors or MSG. Now for the yummy part, get a jump start on all the flavor you need, by using McCormick Good Morning Slow Cooker breakfast seasoning mixes and enjoy a relaxing morning!
My favorite seasoning mix is the Mexican Egg Casserole, but you can also find other great flavors such as the Ultimate Egg Casserole, a Peaches and Cream Oatmeal, and my kids favorite, a cozy Apple Cinnamon French Toast which we love to use for making monkey bread. All of these seasoning mixes are perfect for serving up a satisfying breakfast or brunch while enjoying time with family.
Slow cookers are a great way to put easy and convenient meals together for the family. The Good Morning Slow Cooker seasoning packets add fresh and rich flavor to any egg casserole or French toast.
I found a great selection of the McCormick Good Morning Slow Cooker breakfast seasoning mixes at my local Walmart, to find a location near you click HERE.
To learn more and to find recipe inspiration, be sure to visit McCormick.com.
Making a breakfast casserole is ideal to feed plenty of friends and family, and this Mexican Egg Casserole, ranks high on our family’s list. I love to add-in extras such as peppers, onions or whatever I have on hand, then I serve it up with additional jalapenos, cilantro and salsas on the side.
Be sure to give McCormick Good Morning Breakfast seasoning mixes a try, add them in to any French toast or egg casserole, for a tasty, rich and satisfying breakfast!
- 1 pkg. McCormick Good Morning Slow Cooker Mexican Egg Casserole seasoning mix
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese, I used sharp cheddar
- 2 cups refrigerated or frozen hash brown potatoes, or cubed bread
- Optional Mix-Ins and Toppings (Can stir in up to 2 cups worth):
- Jalapeño or chili slices
- Onions, diced
- Peppers, diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Sausage or Chorizo
- Other cheese, such as crumbled feta, shredded Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- Avocado slices, to garnish
- Prepare the 6 qt. slow cooker by spraying the insert with a non stick cooking spray.
- Layer the hash browns or cubed bread in the bottom of the insert.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and the Seasoning Mix.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the hash browns. If using add ins, layer them over the hash browns, I added diced pepper and onions.
- If desired, sprinkle additional cheese over top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours or on LOW for 4 - 4 1/2 hours, or until the eggs have set.
Serve with extras, such as fresh cilantro, extra Jalapeño, salsas and avocado.
Recipe by McCormick Spices
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.