In our family, we are on the go all the time. Now that it’s is full on summertime, both our grill and picnic basket stays fairly busy. Being able to enjoy a picnic or cookout with friends and family, helps us slow down a bit and take in those long summer evenings.
Picnics are a great way to entertain friends and family and can be as casual or as fancy as you’d like. I kind of lean towards the middle and enjoy making up travel friendly recipes, add in a nice picnic blanket and a small bouquet of flowers to create a dreamy afternoon in the sun.
My tips for creating a delicious picnic:
- Always keep a picnic blanket, napkins, disposable dishes and cutlery in the car ready and waiting.
- Keep some juice boxes in the freezer, then pop them into the picnic basket and they will double as ice packs.
- Fresh fruits are a must, prep them then divide into serving size containers or snack size bags, ready to grab and go.
- Don’t forget your favorite cheeses, pickles and a variety of crackers are that are essential, like my favorite Dare Crackers.
- Bake and take dishes that travel well, like the recipe below for Prosciutto Artichoke Dip or a Picnic Sandwich Loaf are crowd-pleasers.
- Don’t forget bottled waters with slices of lemons on the side or any of your favorite drinks.
I love to treat my friends and family to delicious meals, which are usually last minute get togethers. The key to being able to accomplish this is by having essentials on hand in my pantry, one of which happens to be Dare Crackers. They have a great variety of perfectly crisp crackers that compliment those summer canapés. Dare Crackers also works great with just about every cheese you could love and are loaded with flavor that will fit in with the easy going summer picnics or the fanciest of parties. My favorite Dare Cracker flavors are the Dare Cabaret and Dare Breton Original Crackers, both varieties will make your recipes taste delicious.
Let me just start with the fact that I could eat only this Prosciutto Artichoke Dip and be happy. You can make this a day or two ahead, warm it up in the oven before leaving for a picnic or your quest arrive. OR. Another favorite way to get this tantalizing dip warmed up is to place it on the grill and seriously enjoy. Yesss!
I Dare You To Entertain This Summer!
Prosciutto Artichoke Dip
Yield 2 cups
A delicious appetizer, Prosciutto Artichoke Dip, perfect for any get-together casual and extravagant alike.
- 4 slices Prosciutto, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can Artichoke Hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- Feta and Parmesan cheese, I use about 5 oz crumbled Feta and 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, add the chopped Prosciutto, stirring around frequently and cook for about 5 - 8 minutes or until starting to crisp up. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped Artichoke Hearts, Yogurt, Cheeses, minced Garlic and Oregano. Season lightly with Salt and Pepper to taste. *Remember to go easy on the salt due to the Feta and Prosciutto will add a decent bit of salt.
- Fold in the crispy Prosciutto, reserving a tablespoon to garnish after baking.
- Transfer mixture to an oven/grill proof dish and bake in the pre-heated 350°F for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved crispy Prosciutto and serve. Goes perfect with Dare Crackers.
Having a BBQ? Instead of heating in the oven, warm it up on the grill, covered with foil if needed.Need a heartier appetizer, add in 1/2 - 1 cup shredded Rotisserie Chicken. If needed add an additional 2 Tbls Greek yogurt to compensate.To heat things up a bit, you could also add in 1/2 - 1 tsp crushed Chili flakes or 1 - 2 tsp of your favorite hot sauce to the dip mixture. Yum!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.