Ask me what my favorite veggie would be and asparagus is in my top 3 all time favorites!
I’m always trying new ways to enjoy asparagus, and this Roasted Asparagus with Prosciutto is so ridiculously delicious that I wanted to share it with y’all!
I remember that my first experience with asparagus was something that I’ve tried to forget (obviously didn’t). Think of it as a soggy, mushy and out of the can experience, needless to say it put me off of asparagus for such a long time. Then one day, I finally got up the nerve to try some at a restaurant, holy moly … it was not like the eek-mush that I remembered (thankfully), but that asparagus had a tender crunch to it and was simply seasoned perfectly. Loved it, and I was hooked!
Taking advantage of fresh herbs, as well as, wrapping the bundles with prosciutto is what makes the Roasted Asparagus irresistible and adds just the right amount of flavor.
Asparagus is one of those multi-faceted veggies that can be added to a pizza, quiche, or into a gorgeous Asparagus Caesar Salad!
What I love about this recipe, is that you can adjust it according to how many you need to serve. Each bundle has 4 – 6 asparagus, a slice of prosciutto and a sprig each of rosemary and thyme. Simple. Done.
- 1 bunch of Asparagus spears, about 16 - 24 spears
- Several sprigs of Rosemary & Thyme, you'll need 1 - 2 sprigs per bundle
- Prosciutto slices, 1 per bundle
- 1 Lemon, cut in half
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take each Asparagus spear and gently bend and allow to snap where it wants (It will snap between the bottom half and ⅔'s of the way to the end, this is the best way to trim away the woody ends).
- Gather 4 - 6 spears into a bundle, add a sprig each of Rosemary and Thyme.
- Wrap each bundle with a slice of Prosciutto and place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Add the halved Lemon to the baking sheet and drizzle everything with Olive Oil.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 8 - 10 minutes or until the Prosciutto is a bit crispy.
- When ready, remove from oven, and carefully squeeze both halves of the Lemon over the bundles and season to taste with Salt and Pepper.
You can also add a dried chili pepper to the bundles or season with crushed chili flakes if desired.
Adapted from JamieOliver.com