Steak and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich!
I have to admit, I do enjoy a challenge in the kitchen, but what I really love to do is find those tasty, easy to make, “kids love it and therefore love me for making it” kind of recipes!
This is one of Those 😀
My week can get rather hectic and therefore my life in the kitchen needs to be as easy going as possible…I said as possible, and then I have to laugh a bit because for me that still means dealing with children and their antics going on while I’m trying to remain sane. Ha!
Regardless of how hectic your life can get, this is a great recipe to have on hand. I used the kind of steak that is all ready cut for Stir Fry, but if you wanted you could also use a a thick cut tender piece of sirloin or flank steak, grill it first then slice it.
Another cheat I used was buying the already Roasted Red Peppers, but again you can also Roast your own, it’s a simple process, but can be time consuming. I usually keep a jar of the peppers in the fridge and have them on hand.
You may find that I use a lot of fresh herbs in my recipes, they add that extra flair to your food that can be missed out on if you use dry herbs instead. You may think, oh come on – I only need a little and the herbs go off before I use them all or I don’t want to bother with growing my own.
Well, I’m there with you. I have certain herbs that I do grow during certain times of year. Otherwise, I will buy the fresh cut bunch from the produce section. My trick? I treat them like plants. What do you do with a fresh bunch of flowers when you have them? You put them in water so they will last longer.
I’m not saying to go buy herb keepers that can get costly. I like to use some sturdy glasses, fill them half full of water and tuck my fresh cut herbs right in and they don’t die on me before I have a chance to use them.
So don’t shy away from using fresh, flavorful herbs, you have no excuse 😉
Steak and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich
Steak and Roasted Red Peppers with Horseradish Sauce on toasted Ciabatta. Yum!
- 1 Ciabatta loaf, about 12 inches long
- 1 lb. pre-cut Steak, may be referred to as "Stir Fry" steak. (Can also use Flank, Skirt or Sirloin)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 sprigs, fresh Thyme, leaves picked
- 2 sprigs, fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, leaves chopped
- 2-3 Roasted Red Peppers, chopped (I use jarred Roasted Red Peppers)
- Horseradish Sauce, to taste
- Small handful Baby Leaf Lettuce
- Preheat oven broiler (grill).
- Drizzle 1 - 2 Tbls. Olive Oil, sprinkle Salt and Pepper and Thyme leaves over your meat and toss around to coat.
- On stove top, heat your skillet/griddle over medium high heat.
- Add meat to hot skillet/griddle, cook for 3-5 minutes until it's cooked to your liking.
- Slice the Ciabatta lengthwise and lay open faced in the bottom of the oven.
- Chop the Roasted Red Peppers and Flat Leaf Parsley together and loosely mix.
- Ciabatta should be lightly toasted now, remove from oven and drizzle lightly with Olive Oil.
- Spread on Horseradish to taste.
- Top with cooked meat, pepper mixture and lettuce.
- Serve and Enjoy.
- Serves 1 ravenous person, 2 somewhat hungry people, or up to 4 happy kids