A delicate and fruity flavored sorbet, Apricot Sorbet.
I think apricots are too often over looked, but I have to say, look at them, buy them, eat them! They are so delicious and will make any dessert a bit more fancy.
This Apricot Sorbet is ideal for a lovely tea party, luncheons or even a lovely brunch (find great tips on How to Host a Brunch here).
What makes this easy to make Apricot Sorbet so tasty, is the addition of a sweet white wine. Like I said, it’s a delicate flavored sorbet, not a rich or heavily boozy flavor, but well balanced with the apricots. One thing to remember though, is that you may have to add freezing time due to the addition of alcohol. If you prefer not to use white wine, simply replace with the equivalent amount of water and continue as directed.
Here’s to more frozen treats!
Yield 1 quart
A delicate fruity flavored Apricot Sorbet, wonderful for an afternoon tea, your next brunch or luncheon.
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup sweet White Wine (such as Muscato)
- 1 lb. fresh Apricots, peeled, pit removed and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- In a saucepan, add all the ingredients and bring to a gentle boil over medium high heat, cooking for about 6 - 8 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and apricots are tender.
- Remove from heat and cool for about 5 minutes, then puree in a blender until smooth.
- Add enough water to equal 4 cups.
- Transfer to bowl and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, add the Lemon juice to puree.
- Pour into ice cream freezer and freeze according to directions.
- Transfer to freezer safe container and continue to freeze in freezer until firm.
Serve and Enjoy!