A bit salty ~ A bit Sweet. That’s just what I love about ….
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
One of the easiest and also gorgeous tasting yummy treats I know of. I think that part of my love for them is that they are so incredibly simple to make. The other part of my love for them is that they are drenched in CHOCOLATE!
And my taste-buds’ sings of their praises!
They are dead easy to prepare, simply use your favorite chocolate, mine of course would be dark dark DARK chocolate, melted and after you have picked through a bag of Ruffles potato chips… or Pringles, then dip them half way or completely dredge them through the melted chocolate and a couple of hours later you can hoard them all to yourself! Yes, that is pretty much what will happen. I’m warning you, make sure that you have found a really secret spot if you want to keep them to yourself OR if you must share, they would make lovely treats for your family and friends for the holidays.
So go get that gift list out and highlight who would be deserving of such a treat then whip them up and give give give.
Some other ideas to make them all tasty and yummy would be to sprinkle crushed/chopped nuts or a dollop of caramel drizzled over the chocolate. You can also try your hand at dipping them in “layers” with alternating dark, white and milk chocolate to show that special person just how much you care. Just remember to use a thicker chip, like a ridged chip such as Ruffles, or you can try using Pringles or Kettle Chips.
Hint hint … They are also a great gift for your children to help out with so they can give to their classmates and teachers.
All I have to say *with a sigh of happiness* ~ They taste aMWAHzing! 😀
- 8 - 10 oz Chocolate Chips - milk or dark chocolate, melted
- 18 - 24 Potato Chips, with ridges (Can also use Kettle Chips or Pringles)
- Course Sea Salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in microwave 30 seconds at a time until the chocolate is melted.
- Dip Potato Chips half way or all the way in the melted Chocolate.
- Sprinkle very lightly with course Sea Salt or crushed nuts such as pistachios or almonds.
- Leave to set until chocolate is firm in a cool place for about 1 - 2 hours.