Deary me, don’t forget this easy to make Holiday favorite Cranberry Sauce Recipe!
It’s one of those either you love it or you hate it kind of foods. BUT either way, it’s proper place is on the Holiday dinner table … even if is just for looks.
Personally I LOVE it! It’s probably one of the easiest recipes to prepare for the holidays and adds a whole world of complimentary flavors to your meats. OH and it pairs so beautifully with Brie! YUM!
I do enjoy that tart sweet taste and have been known to have it on hand during the colder weather … it’s gorgeous used for the Cranberry Cream Cheese Pastries and I also enjoy adding it to my toasted chicken, turkey, pork or brie sandwiches. YUM!
One thing that I do once I see the fresh cranberries hit the shelves, is to buy several bags at a time and then freeze them. They keep really well in the freezer and then I’m sure to have them on hand if I ever want to make a batch of Cranberry muffins or cookies.
For this recipe, I have simply pimped up the basic recipe that you find on the back of the bag … think the warmth cinnamon and a hint of orange. It is lovely indeed!
I do hope and pray that you all have a safe and wonderful Holiday Season! If you are travelling, take your time and be safe. If you are hosting a Christmas spread … stay sane (lol – advice to myself) and enjoy!
Be Blessed and Merry Christmas!
Yield 2 cups
Don't forget to make this holiday classic, a pimped up version of the traditional Cranberry Sauce, with a hint of orange and the warmth of cinnamon!
- 1 (12 oz) bag of Cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- Wash and rinse the Cranberries.
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium - medium high and continue to boil gently for about 8 - 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take off heat and let cool for about 10 minutes and then transfer to serving dish.
- Can be served warm or cold.
- Keep in refrigerator covered for up to 1 week.
Courses Appetizers, Sides, Condiments