I’ll take 2 please, no … make that 3 … arghh, I’ll just take them all. Thank you very much!
When you want to make up something that’s sweet and completely “full of it”, try making up a batch of these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
So this week, my kids were climbing the walls as usual, and I was trying to get them to wind down for the night *good luck with that*, when the baking urge came over *I know, face palm*. So there I am, trying to figure out something easy to make, I opened up my cupboard and staring at me were 5, FIVE … jars of peanut butter. Of course every. single. one. were opened and partially consumed. BUT, instead of trying to combine them all, like a normal mom would do, I think, “huh” instead.
I just didn’t want another project, I wanted cookies!
Needless to say, I proceeded to make not just one batch but a double batch *WHY?!?*. So now, my slightly calmer kids were now not so calm anymore, and my cleaned kitchen was a mess again! *Someone, please stop me already!* All of that to say, now I’m sharing this mom’s indulgent recipe for Peanut Butter CHOCOLATE CHIP Cookies with you. Just please take heed, and do not make these before your children’s bedtime, please … just don’t. Learn from my crazed mistake.
Now when you need to use up vast amounts of peanut butter, you can make these tasty cookies to brighten your day and lessen the load in your cupboard.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 30 - 36
A tasty treat, Peanut Buter Chocolate Chip Cookies, perfect for bake sales, snacks or just because!
- 1 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 12 oz Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet or Milk Chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the Peanut Butter, Butter and Sugars together until well combined and fluffy.
- Add in Eggs and Vanilla and continue to mix, until well blended.
- Now add in the Flour, a half cup at a time until well incorporated, followed by the Baking Soda and Salt, mixing cookie dough well.
- Fold in the Chocolate Chips and combine well.
- Using a cookie scoop or by the tablespoon, drop cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. With the back of the cookie scoop or spoon, slightly press down the cookie dough to gently flatten.
- Bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes or until edges are starting to turn golden.
- Remove from oven, allowing to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- Can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
If your cookie dough is too "wet" to hold together, you can add in up to 1/2 cup additional All Purpose Flour.