This recipe is completely flavorful and one of those quick, fast and in-a-hurry recipes, Asparagus with Caesar Dressing!
Right now, I can’t seem to get enough asparagus in my life, it’s their time of year to shine and be appreciated. Recently, I made the Asparagus Fries and found joy, today I’m all about using those long thing beauties fresh and tossed in a Caesar dressing. Oh la la indeed!
When choosing the best asparagus spears, look for bunches that mostly have the skinniest ones. You will not be cooking them, and I find that the thinner ones have a lovely delicate crunch to them, while the thicker ones really are better blanched or cooked in some way.
For an in-depth reason to enjoy and add asparagus to your meal line-up, you really should read 31 Science-Backed Health Benefit of Asparagus from Well-Being Secrets! So informative and a great read.
When making the dressing, not to worry, there are zero eggs involved. Many of the traditional Caesar dressing recipes do call for raw eggs, but I don’t see the need to include them. Now wheat I did add, brace yourselves, I did include one small itty bitty anchovy. Albeit, not absolutely mandatory, that little guy sure does add a huge amount of flavor and I don’t mean fishy taste either. In fact, I gave some to my dad to try, he had no idea what the ingredients were and loved it. He did wonder though why his cat was incredibly intrigued by asparagus. Ha. I did confess, and he did forgive me, but I think he’s going to be more curious what I put in a dish from now on. 😉
All of that to say, that if you are really “hold your nose and no way ever ever” inclined, then you can omit the anchovy and just adjust the flavoring according to your taste, or use your own favorite Caesar salad dressing for this recipe. I won’t judge.
Enjoy Asparagus at their best.
- 1 lb fresh Asparagus, trimmed by snapping the woody end until it naturally snaps.
- 1 Garlic Clove, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Anchovy
- 1 Tbls White Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tbls Olive Oil
- Freshly grated Parmesan to serve
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- After the Asparagus has been trimmed, then cut them into 1 inch pieces. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add the Garlic, Lemon, Worcestershire Sauce, Dijon Mustard, Anchovy, and White Wine Vinegar. Blend on a puree setting or equivalent until everything is well incorporated.
- Add in the Olive Oil and blend again and until emulsified, well blended. Check the taste and add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Toss the chopped Asparagus with the Caesar Dressing, then generously sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan to your liking.
- Can serve with extra lemon wedges if you want to add a bit more lemony flavor.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you absolutely don't wan't to use the Anchovy (but do please try it), then you can leave it out and adjust the taste accordingly. If you are in a hurry, you can also use your own favorite store bought Caesar dressing instead. (I won't tell)*Recipe Inspired by The Fresh Market*
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.