Bourbon Pig Candy, a beautiful candied bacon recipe with brown sugar and a touch of bourbon whiskey!
Bacon, the underdog that has gone crazy popular. Bacon for many years has been a mainstay in the kitchen, from breakfast to BLTs, we have embraced it, and for good reason too, it’s tasty stuff.
This brown sugar candied bacon recipe is so simple and with one added ingredient, bourbon whiskey, this pig candy is perfect for sharing.
As bacon has continually shown up in our desserts, including this Sweet Potato Muffin gone Cupcake with Bacon and Maple Buttercream, we can’t help but love it! It’s brilliant with the best of both worlds, salty and sweet.
Making bourbon pig candy is fairly simple to make, and only has 3 ingredients.
It’s great served as a snack, party food (think game day or tailgating recipes), or to give as a gift from your kitchen. It’s an easy to make candied bacon recipe that is a great addition to your gettogether, or even as a road trip recipe that travels well.
You can easily double this recipe, just make sure to bake it in batches and keep stored in an airtight container once cooled until ready to serve. It’s best served the same day, but can be kept for up to 2 days if stored properly.
Where to buy candied bacon? If you prefer to buy it already made, check out this Brown Sugar Bacon Jerky Candied Bacon
How to make bourbon pig candy.
- 12 slices Hickory Smoked Bacon, thick cut
- 1 cup light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Bourbon whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Lay Bacon slices in the foil lined pan, make sure to use a pan that has at least 1/2 inch sides.
- In a bowl, mix together the Brown Sugar and Whiskey, until well combined.
- Brush the Bacon with half of the Sugar mixture.
- Bake in oven for about 15 - 20 minutes. Carefully turn each slice over and brush the bacon with the remaining Sugar mixture and return to oven for an additional 15 - 20 minutes or until golden.
- Carefully transfer the bacon to cooling rack and allow to cool. The bacon will become crispier as it cools.
- Serve and enjoy!
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.