A bit addictive, most definitely a bit Yummy!
Buffalo Chicken Dip!
So this is the kind of food that you find yourself standing near when at a party so that you can mindlessly eat away while not allowing anyone else a chance to try. It supposedly will feed 12. HA! Not if I’m there 😉
I do have a thing for food that is SPICY! If you were to look into my pantry and fridge, you would find no less than 4 different labels of hot sauce at any given time, NOT to mention the added treasure trove of crushed chili flakes that I keep amidst my beloved spices.
For this recipe, I was so unoriginal and simply followed the recipe on the jar of Frank’s Redhot sauce. Why?!?!? Because it’s pretty darn good the way it is and there isn’t much that I would want to do to change it even the slightest.
So for the love of all things hot and spicy, I wanted to share this brilliant party food with you. It’s perfect for tailgate parties, SUPERBOWL parties, picnics, family reunions and so many other occasions. It is one of those recipes that is worth having on hand and dead easy to make.
If for some reason you don’t like Blue Cheese, that can be easily remedied by substituting Ranch dressing and a blend of cheeses, such as a 4 cheese Mexican blend. It can also be served at room temperature, but for the absolute best flavor, serve it warm. After baking, you can also transfer it to a slow cooker kept on warm or low to serve it in.
Make this for a large crowd, small crowd or even just for yourself (as I would be so inclined), but whichever way – Enjoy!
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, Softened and whipped
- 1/2 cup Frank's Redhot sauce (or any preferred Hot Sauce)
- 1/2 cup Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 oz Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups cooked Chicken breast, shredded (2 small or 1 large Chicken Breast)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese, grated, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 1 qt baking dish.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix together Cream Cheese, Hot Sauce, Dressing, crumbled Blue Cheese and cooked shredded Chicken until well blended.
- Put mixture into prepared baking dish and top with grated Cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 25 - 30 minutes until bubbling and cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 5 minutes and serve directly from baking Dish or transfer to slow cooker to keep warm and serve from.
If you do not like Blue Cheese, you can substitute the dressing for Ranch dressing and the crumbled Blue Cheese for the same amount of Mexican Cheese blend or Cheddar blend.Serve with Chips, fresh Veg or Crackers of your choice. Best served warm or hot.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.