It’s rather tempting …
Caramel Brownie Cheesecake!
I’m completely undone. This Caramel Brownie Cheesecake is truly gorgeous tasting.
Put Caramel, Brownie and Cheesecake all in one recipe and I’m there. It’s so fudgy and silky creamy and oh so gooey with caramel all at one time. Umm, yum!
If you honestly need something sweet and rich tasting, look no further. The layers give this Cheesecake a gorgeous look when you cut into it and if you want to top it off with whipped cream and toasted nuts, by all means, be my guest!
I like to drizzle even more caramel over the top, because I can. It is definitely rich, so there should be plenty to share … or not.
- 1 3/4 cups Vanilla Wafer Cookies, crushed (I used Nilla Wafers)
- 1/3 cup Butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz package) Caramel candies
- 1 (5 oz) can Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups baked Brownies, crumbled
- 3 (8 oz) packages, Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed Light Brown Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 (8 oz) container Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9 inch springform pan.
- Combine the crushed Vanilla wafer cookies with the melted Butter and press in the bottom and up about 2 inches of sides of springform pan.
- Bake in 350°F preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a small saucepan, add in the Milk and Caramels and cook over low heat, stir often until the caramels have melted.
- Pour the Caramel mixture over the crust to create your first layer.
- For the second layer, sprinkle the crumbled Brownies over the Caramel layer.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the Cream Cheese at medium speed for about 2 - 3 minutes or until fluffy. Add in the Brown Sugar gradually and mix well.
- Add in the Eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition until blended.
- Fold in the Sour Cream and Vanilla extract, then pour the Cream Cheese filling over the Brownie layer to make the final layer.
- In a preheated 350°F oven, bake cheesecake for 50 - 60 minutes or until almost set.
- Carefully remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature for about 1 hour. Then cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Once chilled, remove the sides of pan.
- If desired, garnish with Chocolate shavings, Whipped Cream, Toasted Pecans or Nuts of choice or Chocolate syrup.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.