With the New Year comes the lighter side of life, at least in the kitchen. Here’s an easy recipe to try, full of inspired Asian flavors Ginger Chicken Noodle Bowl!
I’m enjoying the lighter fare that we all seem to gravitate towards after a rich (and pleasant) spread of Holiday foods. In this recipe, I’ve deconstructed and heated up the usual Dipping Sauce found in my Soba Noodle recipe, then made a couple of tweaks to give it a bit of a winter warming flair.
For the noodles I did use Udon this time, but feel free to substitute them for your favorite rice or soba noodles, all of which will be gorgeous tasting. If you are of the meatless variety, then feel free to substitute the chicken for tofu or add in more veg to bring up the complete meal feel.
This year, my resolution is to keep life as balanced as possible with great intention. If I have a mishap here or there, I’m not going to curl up in the corner and start rocking myself, ha … BUT I will give myself some grace and mercy and keep moving forward. What I love about the New Year, is the whole feeling of giving your life a fresh start in any and every area. Not to worry there will those days that I will be sharing adequate amounts of chocolate recipes, I won’t turn a blind eye to one of the most amazing foods on the planet, but you will also find an array of recipes on the lighter side, slow cooker side and sweet side.
Today, let’s start on the lighter side with this warming Ginger Chicken Noodle Bowl!
- 1 pkg (12.8 oz) Udon Noodles, can substitute Soba or Rice (use amount needed according to servings needed), cooked and drained
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 2 Chicken boneless breast
- 1/4 cup Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar, divided
- 1 Tbls plus 2 tsps Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- 1 inch piece of fresh, peeled Ginger root, finely diced
- 2 Spring Onions, sliced (can substitute 1 small red or yellow onion)
- 3 - 4 oz, sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms, (or use Button Mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbls Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw Cashews, toasted
- Prepare Udon (soba or rice) according to directions.
- In a large skillet heat, 1 Tbls Toasted Sesame Seed Oil over medium heat, season Chicken with Black Pepper and ground Ginger, then add the Chicken breast to skillet, cooking until golden on each side turning as needed, about 20 minutes (time depends on thickness of Chicken breast).
- Remove Chicken from skillet, slice and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with 1 Tbls Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar then add 2 tsps of Toasted Sesame Seed Oil back to same skillet. Add the sliced Mushrooms, Soy Sauce, remaining Rice Wine Vinegar, finely diced Ginger, diced Spring Onions and Crushed Red Pepper Chili Flakes to pan and saute for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add in the sliced Chicken slices back to the skillet and warm through, cooking another 2 - 3 minutes.
- In a dry pan, gently toast the Cashews over medium high heat, about 1 - 2 minutes
- For each bowl, add the cooked and drained noodles, top off with the sauteed Dipping Sauce and Chicken slices. Garnish with toasted Cashews and more chopped Spring Onions if desired.
More from my site
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.