Grilled Strawberry Panzanella
Thank you to Hamilton Beach for sponsoring this post. All opinions are all my own.
I’m so looking forward to being able to enjoy all the flavors that summer has to offer! This Strawberry Panzanella salad is in my opinion, one of the best ways to start. Traditionally, Panzanella is a Tuscan tomato and bread salad, but wow, trade those tommy toes, for some gorgeous, sweet strawberries and yummm!
But with this crazy weather, it’s hard to determine what season it is sometimes. So, to get a head start on all of the gorgeous summer fare, I’ve turned to using this brilliant searing grill from Hamilton Beach. It’s super easy to use, just plug it in and adjust the temperature according to what you’re grilling and enjoy. It has this grill hood that cooks your food just like the outdoor grill variety, and will sear your meat perfectly. It’s compact, cleans up easily with a removable hood and is dishwasher safe! Win, win for me. It’s seriously a great addition to your kitchen, especially when you’re wanting that outdoor grill fare without dealing with the patchy weather or lumps of coal. 😉
For this grilled version of a Strawberry Panzanella recipe, I’ve grilled up day old ciabatta bread and fresh strawberries, then I tossed the salad in a strawberry and balsamic dressing with some added goodies. It’s great as a side dish, or you can toss in some grilled chicken and you’ve got a main dish that will go down a treat.
To learn more about how you can enjoy that grilled taste year round, check out Hamilton Beach on, or you can find it on Amazon.com.
Grilled Strawberry Panzanella
Absolutely easy to make and tastes amazing, a Tuscan Grilled Strawberry Panzanella salad.
- 1 lb fresh Strawberries, 8 - 10 sliced and the rest to use in dressing
- 1 loaf, day old Ciabatta bread, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh Basil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- For the Dressing:
- 4 - 6 Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 - 2 tsp Honey
- Spray your grill with a non-stick spray. Set your searing grill to 350°F.
- Add the diced Ciabatta bread and grill for about 2 - 3 minutes, turn the bread over and continue to grill an additional 3 - 5 minutes or until toasted and starting to get some color.
- Spray grill lightly again, add the sliced Strawberries and allow to cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side.
- Toss grilled Strawberries and Ciabatta together in a large serving bowl.
- Add in the sliced Red Onions and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Make the Dressing by, mashing the Strawberries together with the Balsamic Vinegar with a fork. If Strawberries are not super sweet, add in the Honey and mix well.
- Toss the fresh Strawberry and Balsamic Dressing together with the Panzanella and add the fresh Basil.
Serve and Enjoy!
You can also add in a couple of cups of grilled or rotisserie chicken to make it more of a main meal.
It's great served warm or at room temperature and travels well for parties or picnics, just toss the dressing in before serving.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.