Join me this summer and let’s make it extra amazing by treating friends and family to relaxing dinner parties and serving up perfectly grilled True Aussie Beef and Lamb!
Summer is, in my opinion, one of the most exciting times to enjoy some of the best foods ever, from fresh fruits and vegetables to incredible Aussie beef and lamb grilled to perfection on my Big Green Egg.
Confession: I’m in serious love with my Big Green Egg, a kamado style ceramic cooker. It surely has earned it’s keep around here with the ability of being used as a grill, smoker and oven…yes I said oven. This “drop the mic” egg-shaped grill, makes other charcoal grills pale in comparison.
Want one? Then enter HERE for your chance to win your very own Big Green Egg in the summer grilling sweepstakes, The Greater Outdoors.
Recently on my Big Green Egg, I grilled a beautiful Aussie rack of lamb that had been frenched, and I decided to give it a Moroccan inspired twist in the seasonings. If you’re new to cooking your own lamb, it’s honestly super easy and taste incredible. Growing up, lamb was not served at our table, so I was a bit skittish at first to try it. Then I had the opportunity many moons ago, and loved every bite. It’s a quick and easy meat to prepare, and when grilled, lamb comes into it’s own with mouthwatering layers of flavor.
To find out where to buy True Aussie Beef & Lamb you can CLICK HERE.
Some of my favorite things about summer:
- Playing outdoors, from gardening to taking in the lovely sunshine and maybe some water play thrown in.
- Wearing shorts, my favorite sandals and flowy sundresses.
- Grilling up some amazing meals to share and enjoy with friends and family!
- Fireflies and fireworks.
- Ice pops and fresh berries.
What are you favorite things about summer?
This summer own your party, put your stamp on it and create some fabulous dinner party’s outdoors. Treat your friends and family to some brilliant food, great conversation and plenty of wonderful memories.
***Don’t forget to Enter The Greater Outdoors sweepstakes for your chance to win your own Big Green Egg.***
- 2 Lemons, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp fresh Mint, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp each of Salt & Pepper
- 2 frenched Aussie Racks of Lamb
- In a small bowl, mix together the Lemon zest and juice, smoked Paprika, chopped fresh Mint and Olive Oil with the Salt and Pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
- One hour before grilling, place the Aussie Racks of Lamb in a dish, add the Olive Oil Marinade mixture and massage well all over meat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinade at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat up your grill to 350°F. Move lump coals to one side, to create a Direct and Indirect Heat source.
- Place the marinated meat straight onto the hot grate, bone side down, grill for 5 - 7 minutes to brown over Direct Heat.
- Turn the meat over, meat side down, and allow to cook over Indirect Heat for about 15 - 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads between 120°F for rare and 150°F for medium. (I aim for about 130°F).
- Remove from grill and let meat rest for 5 - 10 minutes and then cut into individual Aussie Lamb Chops.
- Serve with the Harissa Greek Yogurt Dip (1 Tbsp Harissa to 1 cup Yogurt, swirled together).
The marinade can be mixed together the day before and you can marinate the Aussie Racks of Lamb, covered in the refrigerator overnight.
To prevent the bones of the meat from charring, you can loosely cover the bones with aluminum foil while grilling.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.