This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fresh From Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
This hits the spot every time ….
Roasted Corn Salad!
I can’t believe that it’s already May, but I’m also delighted, because it’s one of my favorite months. Flowers are all in bloom and the availability of Fresh From Florida produce just keeps coming in. This month is all about fresh sweet corn, along with cucumbers, mangoes (YES), bell peppers and so many more tasty ingredients ready for your next meal.
This month, I decided to make this beautifully flavored Roasted Corn Salad with a Lime and Feta dressing.
Oh my goodness it’s good stuff!
You can serve it cold or room temperature. I like to use the bi-color sweet corn and prefer to roast them on the grill for the best flavor. Although if you can’t get to a grill, then you can also roast them under the broiler, or if you are someone that owns a flame thrower, by all means have a go at roasting your sweet corn however you see fit. It’s all good.
The Roasted Corn Salad is a great accompaniment side for your next BBQ, dinner party or luncheon. If you have any leftover, you can always use it to pimp up your quesadillas, nachos or over a fresh bed of baby leaf lettuce.
Whenever you are in your local grocer or restaurant, don’t forget to look for the Fresh From Florida label to assure you are buying quality produce that is full of flavor. For your recipe inspiration for all of that brilliant tasting produce, then take a look at the Fresh From Florida website. You’ll find their featured Florida Sweet Corn with Southern Barbecue Butter (pictured above), as well as so many more. Keep up with them by Liking Fresh From Florida on Facebook, as well as Following them everywhere at Fresh From Florida on Twitter.
- 3/4 cup chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 5 ears of fresh Sweet Corn (5 cups corn kernels), roasted then cut off cob
- 1 medium Jalapeno, finely diced (like it hot hot hot? Add more jalapenos.)
- 1 Tbls fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tbls Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbls fresh Cilantro, chopped
- To toast Walnut, add to dry non-stick skillet and over medium heat toast for about 3 minutes tossing occasionally, then remove to cool and set aside.
- Clean fresh Corn. Using a small amount of Olive Oil, lightly coat Corn. For broiler, place corn in baking pan, if using grill - they can go straight on rack.
- For broiler, set oven rack as close to the top broiler with allowing space for corn to slide in.
- Broil or grill Corn until partially charred on all sides. Allow to cool until able to handle, then holding one end, cut off kernels.
- In the bottom of a large bowl, add in the rest of the ingredients then add in corn and toss. Have a taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Can be served at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with additional crumbled Feta and Walnuts if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.