This post is sponsored by Casabella. All content and opinions are my own.
This spicy guacamole recipe is what I like to call, moreish! As in, gimme more please.
I love using avocados in so many things, from being a tasty topping in hamburger recipes to lobster nachos, and from this spicy guacamole recipe to a creamy coconut avocado ice cream. One thing is for sure, regardless how much I love these recipes, avocados and I have a love/hate relationship. There is that disappointing moment when opening up that avocado and it’s sadly very brown.
Obviously avocados are temperamental and need a lot of TLC.
Needless to say, it’s a sad day when you do finally make a picture-perfect, easy guacamole recipe, and it turns brown when you look at it. As annoying this is, it’s even more frustrating when you want to make it for a party and need to store it in the fridge. Guacamole is unforgiving and will let you down. Yes, adding lime or lemon juice helps a bit, but not enough to keep it looking fresh for more than a day.
Finally, there’s a simple solution, a container that not only keeps the air out, but allows you to push all of the air out and store your guacamole with zero browning! The GUAC-LOCK® is great for locking in all that freshness you love and preventing all of that not so nice browning that is just not pretty at all. The container is made from durable stain-resistant plastic that is BPA free and dishwasher safe. You can also use it with it’s accessory tray that is perfect for entertaining.
If you want to find out what this Guac Lock is all about, you can check them out HERE for more information and inspiration.
- 4 small Avocados, stone/seed removed and peeled
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 - 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium Tomato, diced
- 2 - 3 Spring Onions, diced
- 1 - 2 Tbsp, fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Cumin, ground
- Salt, to taste
- Smoked crispy bacon
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce, diced
- In a medium bowl, add the Avocado with the Lime juice and mash with fork until smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well. Check the taste and adjust seasoning.
- If a smokey hint of flavor is desired, add in the optional Chipotle Peppers and crispy Bacon.
- Serve with a selection of sliced vegetables and chips.
Keep guacamole stored in an air tight container for up to 1 day. I recommend the GUAC-LOCK®.