This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of RAGÚ® Pasta Sauce. All opinions are entirely my own.
When you need a cozy dish with loads of flavor but really don’t want to drag out a ridiculous amount of ingredients, try this little recipe trick for a super creamy Zucchini Potato Gratin!
So tasty … Zucchini Potato Gratin!
With 3 young children seemingly hungry all. the. time. – my go to trick for making up a tasty dish is to find quality brands of already made sauces to add to my recipes. So when I need a gorgeous creamy based sauce my favorite is RAGÚ® Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo Pasta Sauce! There’s so much flavor and a lovely amount of Parmesan and Romano cheese happening in their sauce, that it makes my Zucchini Potato Gratin stand out.
So the next time you’re looking for great pasta sauces to keep on hand, first – find your nearest Publix, then stroll down their pasta aisle to find the selection of RAGÚ Pasta Sauces. Looking for a deal, then definitely make your way to Publix now through October 11th because RAGÚ is having their BOGO event, including the new 21.5 oz. jar of Alfredo. Seriously, stock up on their sauces, because the holidays are on our heels and being able to create tasty dishes such as this Zucchini Potato Gratin to a creamy chicken Alfredo, will be easy peasy.
We are such a busy culture as it is, especially coming into the holidays, so when we can ease our load with recipe tricks and money saving tips, by golly take advantage of it.
For more information about Publix and their BOGO events, CLICK HERE.
Confession time: so I just have to tell you, there are a lot of crazy days in my busy life that honestly, the last place I want to be is in the kitchen. *gasp* I know, right?!?! Here I am, a full-on foodie and seriously, there are some days that I just want to hide from my pots and pans … and my kids. 😉 Nope, I’m definitely not June Cleaver, and yes, even this foodie needs a break once in a while.
- 4 - 6 slices crispy Smoked Bacon, crumbled
- 1 Leek, thinly sliced
- 2 large (about 2 lbs) Zucchini, thinly sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 4 - 5 medium Yellow Potatoes, thinly sliced about 1/8 inch thick
- 1 (21.5 oz) Family size jar RAGÚ Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo Sauce
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 - 2 tsp Fresh Thyme leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 2 oz Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon, optional
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly drizzle olive oil into a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the bacon and cook until crispy, about 4 - 5 minutes each side. Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate, reserve the bacon drippings.
- In the same pan with the bacon drippings, sauté the thinly sliced leeks with 1 - 2 tsp of the fresh thyme, cooking for 5 - 6 minutes or until just turning translucent. Remove to drain and reserve.
- Carefully and thinly slice the zucchini and potatoes. Then layer the zucchinis and potatoes in your baking dish, alternating slices.
- Season with salt and pepper, evenly pour the RAGÚ Alfredo Pasta Sauce over the vegetables.
- Top off with the sautéed leeks, generously sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and some more fresh thyme leaves.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 40 - 50 minutes or until bubbly and you can easily pierce the potatoes with a fork.
- Garnish with the reserved crispy bacon, more thyme if desired and serve hot.
To get the vegetables evenly and thinly sliced, I use a mandoline slicer. Always be careful!
The Zucchini Potato Grain can be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after baking. Simply reheat in oven and enjoy.