THIS IS A SPONSORED POST WRITTEN ON BEHALF OF DREAM ULTIMATE ALMOND. ALL OPINIONS ARE 100% My Own.
This is that dessert. The one that is quick, good for you and is tremendously big on yummy flavor, Peaches and Cream Fried Rice.
Summer is here, peaches are looking good and between my love for almond milk and my need to use up that leftover rice in the fridge, it all came together in this easy and tasty dessert, Peaches and Cream Fried Rice.
By using Dream Ultimate Almond in this recipe, it has mad a great dairy free dessert option for my son that deals with sensitivities. Even though he isn’t full on allergic to dairy, I find that his allergic reactions are lessened when I limit his dairy intake. Cue the almonds!
The benefits of almonds seem to be endless, but if like me, you’ve tried some not so nice almond milk, then you really need to try Dream Ultimate Almond. It’s not watery at all, but rich and creamy. It’s big on taste and loaded with four times more California almonds, that’s a sizable 20g of almonds in each glass, and all of those extra almonds benefit you by giving you a hefty 5g of plant-based protein per serving!
If you are looking for a lactose, dairy and gluten free product that delivers quality and flavor, this is it. What sets this drink apart is that it has four times the the amount of California almonds in every cup and for me, that pretty much so means “pour me a tall glass, thank you”.
You can find Dream Ultimate Almond in Original, Unsweetened, and Vanilla flavors located in the shelf-stable and the refrigerated section of your grocery store, currently available at Whole Foods and soon it will be available at Sprouts.
For more nutritional and product information plus recipe inspiration, visit the Dream Ultimate Almond website, www.DreamPlantBased.com. While you’re there, grab yourself a coupon today to save $1 off ONE (1) DREAM Ultimate Almond or Boosted Plant Based Beverage. Don’t forget that you can also keep up with them by liking them on Facebook.
They had me at Salted Caramel! Check out this oh so yummy vegan ice cream recipe below.
Besides smoothies and drinking almond milk straight up, you can also add this dairy free almond goodness to many recipes from pancakes to curries, and of course, in my easy recipe for Peaches and Cream Fried Rice.
I hope you enjoy!
Peaches and Cream Fried Rice
Easy to make and full of great flavor, Peaches and Cream Fried Rice. Perfect for afternoon snacks or a special treat for dessert.
- 1 Tbls Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup cooked Rice, I like to use Jasmine rice
- 2 cups fresh Peaches, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbls Honey
- 1/2 cup Dream Ultimate Almond, any flavor but I like to use the Vanilla flavor
- Slivered or Sliced Almonds, to garnish if desired
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt the Butter then add the cooked rice.
- Stir the rice to coat with the butter.
- Keep stirring the rice to prevent from burning and add in the Peaches and Honey, mixing in well and cooking for about 3 - 5 minutes. If desired you can use the back of a fork to gently mash some of the softened peaches. The rice will take on a beautiful peachy pink hue.
- Add in the Dream Ultimate Almond, stirring to incorporate well. Cook for an additional 2 - 3 minutes, liquid will be reduced and will be mostly absorbed by the rice. At this point, if you prefer it to be creamier, you can add up to an additional 1/2 cup of the Dream Ultimate Almond until you have the desired consistency.
- Serve warm or cold, garnish with sliced or slivered Almonds if desired.
Recipe can easily be doubled.