All I have to say is …
PULLED PORK SANDWICH.
So as I was saying, Pulled Pork Sandwich! They are brilliant, easy to make and are perfect for summer! You can make them in the oven or put it in the slow cooker for 6 – 8 hours and cook it low and slow.
What I love about making this in the slow cooker is that you can go about your busy day and come home and waiting on you to sit down and eat it! I use a smokey spice rub and toss a couple of onions, set it on low and let it do it’s thing.
I like to serve the Pulled Pork sandwiches with a lot of little side dishes filled with my favorite BBQ sauce scattered up and down the table so everyone is within reach. Don’t forget to add the onions.
Life is good!
Pulled Pork Sandwich
Yield 4 - 6
An Easy to make Pulled Pork Sandwich, slow cooker style!
- 1 cup low sodium Chicken Stock or water
- 2 - 3 large Yellow Onions, sliced
- 2 - 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Spice Rub, enough to coat meat generously (your favorite or one used for Pork)
- 5 - 6 lbs boneless Pork Shoulder (Pork Butt)
- Hamburger Buns
- BBQ Sauce, your favorite to add to taste
- Set the slow cooker to low heat.
- Add Chicken Stock in first, then layer with sliced Onions and minced Garlic.
- Using the Spice Rub, generously rub into the Pork Shoulder, place in slow cooker on top of Onions and Garlic. Cover and let slow cook over the low heat for 6 - 8 hours, adding 1/2 cup more of Chicken Stock or Water around sides of meat if needed.
- Once cooked and tender, using two forks, carefully pull meat apart (shredding it).
- On your favorite hamburger buns, Add a heaping amount of meat, pour over some BBQ Sauce if desired, top with the slow cooked Onions and enjoy!