Imagine this, you sit down to dinner, and this Chipotle and Smokey Pulled Pork Burger is daring you to dig in and take a bite.
It’s complete with mouth-watering Pulled Pork pilled high, then topped off with this creamy slaw and a nice dose of Chipotle peppers.
What I love about this pulled pork goodness, is that it’s all about slow cooker goodness. Pop it in the slow cooker in the morning before you go about your business, then when you come home, you seriously don’t have to lift a finger to do anything except to eat it.
You can spice it up as much as you want, make it as mild as you’d like or eat it straight out of the slow cooker. Using a slow cooker is one of the easiest ways make dinner for busy days, a sort of fast food, in a round about way. If you don’t already own one, put it on your wish list, and hint loudly!
Pulled pork burgers = hog heaven 😉
Serve them up with a side of chips and hot pickled okra to properly finish it off. These pulled pork burgers … sandwiches, are perfect for any time of year, from football season to summer bbq’s and everything in between.
- Slow cooked, Pulled Pork], click [HERE for recipe
- 1/2 head of large Cabbage, grated
- 1 - 2 tsp Sugar, if needed to cut any bitterness
- 3 - 5 Tbsp Mayonnaise, start with a Tbsp at a time, until it's coming together, but not over powered by the mayo. I always lean towards 3, but will add more if needed.
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Burger buns, your favorite and taosted if desired
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobe sauce, for serving
- Make the Pulled Pork according to the recipe, can be made day ahead. Once cooked, take two forks and "pull" the meat to shred. For this burger, I do not top off my finished burger with the onions from the recipe, since I'm using the coleslaw.
To make the Coleslaw:
- In a large bowl, mix together the grated white Cabbage and Mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp at a time, until it starts to come together.
- Give it a taste and if the Cabbage is too bitter, you can a little Sugar to taste.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to your liking.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
To Assemble the Pulled Pork Burger:
- Top off your favorite burger buns with desired amount of Pulled Pork, Coleslaw and a nice amount of Chipotle Peppers.
If you prefer, you can mix the Chipotle Peppers into the Pulled Pork before pilling it on your burger bun.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.