Gorgeous and insanely good …
Living on the coast in Florida has it’s perks, one being the amazingly fresh and gorgeous seafood that’s available.
I remember growing up in the Atlanta area and thinking that Captain D’s was seriously awesome! I would even order those little extra crunchy bits as a side. Thankfully I have since been introduced to the real fresh stuff and have absolutely no intention on turning back to the ways of Captain D’s.
It wasn’t until about 10 years ago that I had Shrimp Cocktail served with this creamy Rose Marie Sauce, and I loved it. I always had it with the red Cocktail sauce, and usually cringed slightly at the taste of the sauce, it was okay but my taste buds weren’t exactly overjoyed by it. Now my taste buds are in their happy place, it’s all about loving me some Shrimp Cocktail!
Now with the weather picking up for the most part, this is a wonderful way to welcome the heat and sun … FINALLY! (My admiration for all of you that have had to endure the snowy winter, I’m am such a Florida girl and I wouldn’t have lasted!)
Think BBQ’s, seaside, ocean breezes and sit back and enjoy.
This recipe is quick and easy to whip up. By using pre-cooked shrimp, you don’t need to think about cleaning them, all you have to do is to warm them through with a little added seasoning. Of course, you can always cook them up yourself – psst … they are beautiful prepared on the grill! Don’t forget to prepare enough of the Rose Marie sauce and have a bowl of it handy for anyone who needs a top up.
Perfect for parties, big or small. Enjoy as an appetizer or you can add extra shrimp to make it a light meal. You can also toss the shrimp and Rose Marie Sauce into some prepared pasta, served cold or hot. Oh yum!
- 20 - 24 medium Shrimp, butterfilied and precooked (@ 10 - 12 per person)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced (@ ½ tsp)
- 1 - 2 Tbls Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Sweet Paprika
- ½ cup dried Breadcrumbs (I used a leftover wholewheat seeded baguette)
- 1 - 2 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1 Dried Chili (leave whole)
- 8 Tbls Mayonnaise
- 3 - 4 tsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Sriracha (more if desired to taste)
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ head Iceburg Lettuce
- 1 bunch Romaine Lettuce
- 2 small Tomatoes, sliced
- ½ large Cucumber, sliced
- 1 Lemon, sliced to serve
- Over medium heat, in skillet, heat Olive Oil until hot. Add in Shrimp, minced Garlic and Paprika.
- Cook until warmed through, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat Olive Oil over medium heat. Add Breadcrumbs and whole dried Chili and stir. Cook until Breadcrumbs are golden and crispy. about 3 - 5 minutes. Discard Chili.
- In a small bowl, mix together Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Sriracha, Salt and Pepper to taste and the juice of ½ Lemon. Mix until well combined. *Can be made up to 2 days ahead, keep refrigerated.
- Prepare the Salad, mixing together both Lettuces.
- In serving dish or mason jar, start by layering with the Lettuce, top with Tomatoes, Cucumbers and half the Shrimp.
- Drizzle some Marie Sauce and layer again finishing off with the Shrimp, more Rose Marie Sauce and scattering over the top with the Breadcrumbs.
- Serve with slices of Lemon.
I suggest using any leftover stale bread, such as a Whole Wheat seeded bread. You can of course use any bread of choice or store bought prepared breadcrumbs.