Delicious! Silky smooth and creamy! My favorite recipe for Banana Pudding!
Okay, so nothing says face-plant quite like this Banana Pudding! I have tried so many versions but I always come back to this recipe. It’s so easy to make, and is perfectly creamy and tasty every time.
You know those foods where no one makes it quite like mom? This is one of those for me. It’s not that I miss out on the right ingredients or that the taste is not right, it’s simply because my mom made it best.
I have great memories of her making up a batch of Banana Pudding during the holidays, Sunday dinners and just because she knew it would put a smile on my face. She did it out that that motherly love that is full of the “I’ll eat the burnt toast so you don’t have to” kind of nurturing love. Of course, now I find myself “eating burnt toast” for my children. It’s an expression of sacrificial love that is something I didn’t understand until I had my own children. So, sharing this recipe is my ode to that nurturing love parents have for their children.
This is a great dessert to make in a pinch when the you may have last minute guest, it’s perfect for parties, great for the kids to make and wonderful anytime you need a face-plant dessert.
- 2 (3.4 oz box) Vanilla Pudding Mix (Instant Pudding and Pie Filling - I used Jell-O brand)
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 6 - 8 oz Sour Cream
- Vanilla Wafers (Nilla Wafers), as many as needed for layers
- 2 - 3 ripened Bananas, sliced
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip, as needed for topping
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry Vanilla Mix with a little bit of the Milk to form paste, then add remaining Milk until smooth.
- Add in 6 oz of Sour Cream, until thickened and creamy consistency - if needed to loosen it up add up to 2 oz more until desired consistency.
- In a 3 - 4 cup serving bowl, start by layering with a single layer of Vanilla Wafers in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add a thin layer of the Vanilla Pudding.
- Top with a single layers of sliced Bananas.
- Add another thing layer over Bananas (this prevents them from browning).
- Continue layering as above until you end with a layer of Vanilla Pudding.
- Top with Whipped Cream or Cool Whip and crushed Vanilla Wafers.
Keep Refrigerated for up to 3 days. Can be made a day ahead.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.