Tex-Mex is on the menu tonight!!!
You had me at Tex-Mex!
There are just certain types of foods that completely make my mouth water, and as you may have guessed by now, one that is most definitely on the list is Tex-Mex.
Nachos. Jalepenos. Salsa. TAQUITOS! It’s all good eatin’!
When I see a plate of those come hither Taquitos, I immediately use my wit and charm to distract others from noticing whats there. I’m the one that hovers near the food table at a party. AND no, I’m not the one that double dips. BUT I will give you the look, the arched eyebrow glare, if you are dare to reach for the last of my favorites on the table. Be warned. 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, I love to share …. but only after I’ve had my fill of fantastic foods. Ha. So this recipe is to Tex-Mex food everywhere.
This darling of the Tex-Mex menu is dead simple to whip up. You can use really most any ingredients you’d like, shredded beef or pork, keep or skip the creamed corn, make it vegetarian and add in some roasted veg. You can also use either corn or flour tortillas. The easiest to work with are going to be the flour tortillas, but I really like the flavor of the corn tortillas myself.
Crunchy, quick and easy to prepare and taste absolutely of yumminess! Chicken Taquitos are great for any party, as a light lunch or snack, or as a meal served with guacamole and Mexican rice.
- 1 1/2 cups (@ 10 oz) cooked Chicken, shredded and diced
- 1 cup Creamed Corn (from a can)
- 1 can diced Green Chilies (I used mild Ro-Tel)
- 1 clove (or 1 tsp) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 12 - 14 (8 inch) soft Tortilla shells, flour or corn
- 1/2 cup Cheese, grated (I used a 4 cheese Mexican blend)
- 1 - 2 tsp Hot Sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and blend well.
- Season to taste and adjust if needed.
- Heat Tortilla shells in microwave for about 30 seconds, just enough to slightly warm them so they will be more pliable.
- For each Tortillas, use about 1 Tablespoon of filling and place on shell.
- Roll Tortilla over filling tightly and place on parchment lined baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake in 350F preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until shells start to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and serve.
You can replace and omit ingredients as desired. Substitute shredded Chicken for Shredded Beef or Pork. Use a variety of roasted vegetables instead to make it vegetarian. Use or leave out the Creamed Corn. Add in a dollop of Sour Cream to make the mixture creamier. Make it as hot or mild as you like and ENJOY!
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.