I have a serious love for mushrooms, and if you were to saute a pile of them for me, I’d be one happy foodie! So by taking them a step further, and adding a bit of cream to them – oh dear, help me!
Creamy Mushrooms are so versatile and are brilliant used as a topping over baked potatoes, a lovely steak or baked chicken, and are swoon worthy tossed into your favorite pasta!
I love that you can serve this recipe just as happily along with a posh meal, as you can with a humble piece of toast.
For every day cooking, I prefer to use baby Bella mushrooms. To me, Bella’s have a more complex, nutty flavor than the white button variety. Of course, it’s all a matter of your own personal taste. So if you prefer, you can substitute the Bella’s for any type of mushroom that you enjoy.
If you’re looking for more mushroom inspiration, try this recipe for Asparagus Mushroom with Prosciutto (click HERE). Love it!
Now it’s time be off and enjoy this moreish dish!
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 large Garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups mixed Mushrooms, I love a blend of baby bellas and shitakes
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Fresh Thyme, to garnish
- Parmesan Cheese, grated, to garnish
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the Olive Oil and unsalted Butter, heat until butter is melted.
- Add in the minced Garlic and allow to cook for about 30 seconds, then add in the sliced Mushrooms, Thyme, Salt & Pepper (to taste) and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until Mushrooms start to get some color.
- Add the Lemon juice and stir to mix in, cook for about 1 minute then add in the Heavy Cream, stirring to coat mushrooms. Allow to cook for 2 -3 minutes until cream has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Toast your favorite bread, top with a pile of creamy Mushrooms and finish off with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
You can also serve the Creamy Mushrooms over baked Potatoes or tossed with your favorite Pasta, with Steak or Chicken.For creamier Mushrooms, add a little more cream if desired and adjust seasoning to taste.Adapted from "Jamie at Home"