This Dried Herb Bruschetta Mix Recipe post is sponsored by Ball® Mason Jars. All opinions are my own.
It’s that time of year … gift-giving, baking, family time!
During the holidays, you want to make your friends and family feel special by giving them gifts, but it can get a little crazy sometimes and I know I personally need options that are more personalized without breaking the bank.
Making easy gifts from the kitchen is one of the best ways I know to show friends and family that you love them, plus they are wonderful to receive as well.
From tasty jams, homemade pies, and pickled veg to easy to make herb mixes such as the dried herb bruschetta mix below is ideal to share.
With herb mix recipes, I love to use these Ball® Mini Mason Jars, the perfect size to decant the herb mix into or even to use as kitchen storage for your herbs and spices.
When making your gorgeous foodie gifts, you can either make your own favorite recipe or you can buy a bulk size of a premade herb mix and decant into the Ball® Mini Jars.. Either way, they’ll be happily enjoyed and taste amazing.
I like to create a recipe story for my foodie gifts, such as this easy to make pasta basket. For stocking stuffers or for party gifts, you could fill the Ball® Mini Jars with a dip mix, attach a mini whisk with the instructions, and you have a brilliant little gift to share.
What You’ll Need To Make These Gift Ideas:
- Ball® Mini Jars, small and ideal for gift-giving
- A mix of a few herbs or spices or a premade herb mix Apples
- A bit of twine or ribbon
- For larger gift baskets, I like to use either crates or baskets that are sturdy
- Other supporting gift elements, such as dried pasta, a pasta bowl, breadsticks, or pasta sauce
- Filler for the gift basket, such as shredded paper or tissue
How to Make the Easy Dried Herb Bruschetta Mix:
- Sterilize Ball® Mini Jars, this can be done with hot soapy if using dried herbs or spices. There’s no need to pull out your large canner for these as they are not intended for canning.
- Prepare the ingredients, measure out the dried herbs or spices.
- Simply mix the dried herbs in a bowl, then divide accordingly between the Ball® Mini Jars. Seal with lid.
Other tasty recipes to try:
- Find out how to make Apple Pie Filling Recipe, so much yum.
- Learn how to make your own Maraschino Cherries, the perfect addition to any dessert or cocktail.
- Herbes de Provence, so simple and a wonderful herb mix for any foodie!
- Smoky Spice Rub, yes, it’s amazing and perfect for this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches recipe!
After making this herby bruschetta mix recipe, you should also try making some great jams, such as my favorite Peach and Almond Jam or this tasty Fig and Red Wine Jam recipe! You can find more great recipe ideas at Ball® Mason Jars FreshPreserving.com. For tested recipes and inspiration don’t forget to follow them on Facebook here, Instagram, and their must-follow Pinterest boards here.
How to make this dried herb Bruschetta Mix Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Clean Ball Mini Jars and lids with hot soapy water, allow to dry until ready for use.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Decant dried herb mix into Ball® Mini Jars and seal.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1/2 cup Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2148mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Other Gift Giving Ideas:
- Hot Cocoa Mix Gift! Simply make your own mix or use store-bought, decant into the Ball® Mini Jars. Add some candy canes, and personalize even more with a handpicked mug.
- Make a Dip Mix, decant into the Ball® Mini Jars, tie a whisk along with instructions around the neck of the jar, and Voila, a stocking stuffer.
- Brownie Mix! Similar to the Hot Cocoa Gift Idea, but instead of a mug, use a square baking pan as the gift basket, then add in a rubber spatula, Ball® Mini Jars filled with nuts, chocolate chips, crushed peppermint candy, etc, and then add a larger Ball® Pint Jar filled with the Brownie Mix!
- All of these are so fun, tasty, and perfect for any foodie!
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.