This Gouda Galette recipe post is sponsored by Maille. All opinions are my own.
This Gouda Galette with Prosciutto and Dijon recipe is ideal to enjoy as a holiday appetizer!
Impress your guests with a gorgeous easy to make appetizer recipe!
There’s nothing better than sharing time with friends and family during the holidays with stunning food! This simple galette recipe only has only 5 ingredients, and only takes a few minutes to assemble. This baked gouda appetizer will definitely be the highlight of your holiday table!
I think what I love most about cooking during the cooler weather, is the seasonal produce, natures comfort food are at their height, from root vegetables to an array of squash to mushrooms, there’s so much to enjoy.
It doesn’t take much to create a stunning spread that is both easy to make plus complex in flavors. One of my main ingredients that I always have on hand is Maille Dijon Originale, it can take plain and boring and make amazing happen.
To find my favorite Maille Dijon Originale and other Maille products, you can order it here, or look for Maille in your local grocery store. For some of the best recipe inspiration and to join a strong foodie community, check out My Maille Community on Facebook here. You’ll find so many recipes, you can ask questions and definitely be inspired by the many delicious ways to enjoy all of the Maille lines of products.
What you’ll need to make the perfect gouda galette:
- A fresh pie pastry, homemade, or if in a pinch, you can buy premade from your grocer.
- Fresh mushrooms, such as crimini, button, beech, shitake, or any of your favorite varieties. If you’re a pro forager, this galette would be well suited to show off your bounty.
- Prosciutto. I love prosciutto, but if you are unable to find it or don’t wish to use it, you can use crispy bacon. For a vegetarian version, this of course can be omitted and simply increase the amount of mushrooms and enjoy.
- The one ingredient that really lifts the flavor of this galette is Maille Dijon Originale. I use about 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons and toss it through the mushrooms, so good!
- Fresh or dried thyme and maybe a little fresh cracked pepper, but don’t go overboard. You want to taste all of the ingredients at their best and the only seasoning that I rely heavily on is the Maille Dijon Originale to bring it all together.
- Gouda! I prefer using grated smoked Gouda in this galette, but feel free to switch it up with regular Gouda, or even a nice Swiss. Nice.
Other great recipes to try:
- Dijon Mustard Spread Appetizer.
- Pear Compote, a perfect addition to this Gouda Galette.
- Classic Sausage Cheese Balls, so easy to make and nostalgic.
How to make this Gouda Galette Recipe:
- 1 pie crust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of water for wash
- 2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 8 ounces, sliced fresh gourmet mixed mushrooms, sauteed in 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 - 6 slices of prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon Maille Dijon Originale
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place rack in the lower third of the oven. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, add butter and allow to melt, then toss in sliced mushrooms and saute until just soft, 5 - 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add the Maille Dijon Originale, stirring through to coat, set aside.
- Place a 12 inch rolled out pastry circle on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Leaving a 2-inch border around the edge of the dough, top the center of the pastry with grated Gouda Cheese. Scatter the mushrooms over the cheese, and sprinkle fresh thyme. Fold the edges over, pleating pastry as you go and pinching to secure. Brush the pastry lightly with the egg wash.
- Bake in the 375°F oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes and serve.
You can use a store-bought pie crust to save time and enjoy a quick to assemble appetizer, or you can make the pie pastry dough the day before.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 310Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 1105mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.