I dare you to make this incredibly simple recipe …
This is one of those recipes my mom got off the back of an Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk can when I was a little girl and always been a crowd pleaser. It is also one of the easiest recipes to make … ever!
Sometimes I vary the original recipe a bit, as in this one, but it always comes through a winner!
Creamy fudge with just the right amount of rich chocolate yumminess and just the right amount of it taste like more.
In this little rendition, I decreased the amount of chocolate from the original recipe because I used dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. I also upped the ante on the vanilla extract just because I could. Ha. It taste just as lovely as if you were to make it with the original recipe, but you only need one 12 oz bag of chocolate chips instead of the 18 ounces required.
If you want to try a fudge recipe but might be a bit shy of the “completely starting from scratch” kind of fudge, then you must give this one a go! It’s perfect to give as a gift from the kitchen, great as a rich dessert or in my case, just because I need it! Really, I do and no it’s not just in my head … really.
Try making it with different types of Chocolates, nuts or dried fruit and indulge yourself a bit. Enjoy!
- 12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped (optional)
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together the Chocolate and Sweetened Condensed Milk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add in the Vanilla extract and gently stir in chopped Pecans.
- Carefully pour out into the parchment lined baking pan. Smooth and swirl with a rubber spatula. (It will start to firm up fairly quick).
- Leave to cool for about 2 hours.
- Once firm, cut into squares then sit back and indulge!
- Makes about 18 - 20 1-inch squares.
You can try using Milk Chocolate Chips and/or White Chocolate Chips as well to vary your flavors. Pecans are optional, but you can also try any nut that you prefer.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.