Lovin’ those little fruits in this dessert …
Strawberries and Cream Parfait!
A few weeks ago I posted this recipe that I used from Fresh from Florida but wanted to show it off again and post the recipe again so that if you use Ziplist to keep track of your recipes across the web, you could easily add this one as well. So this post is going to be short and sweet (sweet, get it? … okay, I’ll stop now).
To read the original post you can click here.
I do really love this dessert. It’s simple to make and can add an elegant touch to any dinner. It’s seriously easy to make and taste lovely. It’s like Strawberry Cheesecake in a glass! Taste like more please.
If you want to make this but Strawberries might be out of season or you just don’t like Strawberries (which I wouldn’t understand), then you can substitute any fresh fruit that is in season.
So get ready to treat your friends and family to an elegant yet, dead easy to make dessert and enjoy!
- 2 cups fresh Florida strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese, whipped
- 2 tablespoons natural Florida sugar
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 4 graham crackers, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 sprigs fresh mint for garnish
- In medium bowl, mix together whipped cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until well combined.
- Fold yogurt into the cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth and creamy.
- In serving dishes, layer the cream cheese mixture and strawberries.
- Top each layer with a sprinkle of crushed graham crackers.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint if desired. Chill and serve.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.