This post brought to you by Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
A gorgeous tasting and hearty bean and pasta soup …
Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli!
2 Tbls Olive Oil
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 medium Onion, chopped
2 stalks Celery, sliced
1 Carrot, sliced
1 (14.5 oz) can Kidney Beans
1 (32 oz) carton Chicken Broth
1 (15 oz) can Tomato Sauce
2 (15 oz) cans Chopped Tomatoes
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Bay Leaf
1 Tbls fresh Thyme (or 1 tsp dried Thyme)
1 tsp dried Basil
1 cup dried Macaroni
Salt and Pepper to taste
fresh grated Parmesan Cheese to garnish (optional)
few sprigs of fresh Basil, to garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat Olive Oil. Cook Ground Beef and Onions for about 5 – 8 minutes until meat is cooked through, drain any drippings and add Meat and Onions to the Slow Cooker.
- Add in Celery, Carrots, Beans, Broth, Chopped Tomatoes and Tomato Sauce, Garlic, Bay Leaf and Thyme.
- Cook on low in the Slow Cooker, about 5 hours and no more than 7 hours.
- 30 Minutes before end of cooking time, add in the dried Macaroni pasta.
- Adjust seasoning with Salt and Pepper.
- Serve with shredded Fresh Basil and grated fresh Parmesan Cheese and a loaf of crusty bread or crackers.