What a gorgeous way to say “Be My Valentine” ….
Strawberries and Cream!
This has to be one of the easiest and lovely Teas I have made. I took this idea from an older book that my daughter brought home from the library and I found it to be irresistibly cute and wanted to share it with you. The book is The Tea Party Book by Lucille Recht Penner. It is beautifully illustrated and geared towards girls 6 – 10 years old, but I think I was the one scouring the pages longer with more “ah’s and oohs” than her!
With Valentines Day, I decided that Strawberries were a must and wanted something relatively easy to make with my crew. The following recipes not only were dead easy to make, but tasted rather nummy to boot. Yum!
If you aren’t as keen on Strawberries, you can always change it up with other fruits, such as Raspberries, Blueberries or whatever berry that tickles your fancy. Just change out the gelatin flavor and continue with your chosen fruit. Perfect to use with your favorite seasonal fruit!
*Warning: useless side-note! I know that this may sound a bit silly, but I also kept getting excited about the color … I love the color of this pink and am having a hard time giving the color a proper name. Raspberry? Watermelon? Pink???? Any suggestions would be welcomed 🙂 I told you it was silly … OK, OK you can just keep reading now.
My love for Strawberries and Cream was instilled at an early age. When strawberries would be in season, my mom would give us bowls of them lightly sprinkled with sugar and topped off with a dollop of whipped cream, so yummy … they quickly became my favorite fruit!
One of the best parts of making the Strawberries and Cream pudding and Strawberry Cream Cheese sandwiches, would be the fact that my children request some serious “more please”, and that always puts a smile on my face.
I know that this is pretty much all a Valentines-ish and all full of Pink and Hearts post, but both the Strawberries and Cream pudding and Strawberry Cream Cheese sandwiches can extend beyond the world of Valentines. These recipes would make for an ideal children’s Tea party, ladies brunch, or even baby or bridal showers! Sweet indeed!
If you have little ones about, these recipes would be perfect for them to add to their repertoire and put smiles on their faces. And even if you don’t have little ones about, they would still be great to add to your own repertoire of easy to make recipes and will put a smile on your face and others too!
Happy Valentines Day!
Strawberries and Cream
Gorgeous and easy to make, Strawberries and Cream pudding and Strawberry Cream Cheese tea sandwiches.
Strawberries and Cream Pudding
- 3 oz box Strawberry flavored gelatin powder (or any red flavor gelatin. I used Jell-O)
- 1 cup boiled water
- 6 oz Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbls Sugar
- Strawberries to garnish
Strawberry Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches
- 8 oz pkg. Cream Cheese, softened
- 6 - 8 medium Strawberries, cleaned, hulled and roughly chopped
- 8 slices of White or Wheat Sandwich Bread
Strawberries and Cream
- In a medium bowl, mix the Gelatin powder in the hot water and stir for about 2 minutes until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a small bowl with the Vanilla Yogurt, add 2 - 3 tablespoons of the dissolved gelatin until blended.
- Add the Vanilla Yogurt mixture back into the remaining Gelatin and blend or whisk until combined well.
- Pour into prepared ramekins or dessert dishes. Refrigerate several hours or overnight until set.
- In a large bowl, using mixer, mix the Whipping Cream until soft peaks form. Add in the Sugar and continue to mix for another 1 - 2 minutes. Set aside to chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top Strawberries and Cream pudding with Whipped Cream.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches:
- In a medium bowl or food processor, beat the softened Cream Cheese until smooth. Add in the strawberries and "mash" the berries until spread is pink and a few Strawberry chunks remain.
- Spread Cream Cheese mixture onto half of the bread slices. Top with remaining half.
- Using any shape cookie cutter, cut out and discard scrapes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Strawberry Cream Cheese makes enough for 6 sandwiches. Any leftovers make a tasty spread over bagels.