Chicken Lettuce Wraps, a simple dinner ready in no time at all!
So easy, so tasty. Try this quick Chicken Lettuce Wraps dinner recipe. It’s ready in no time and just might become a family favorite.
Need to simplify your dinner life? Here’s how.
Start to ease your “what’s for dinner” headache by, planning ahead. I know, not everyone is born to be a meal planner and neither am I, but I’ve learned to become one. Here’s some of what I’ve learned through the years while finding what works for me.
- Plan a week ahead.
- Make it simple for the weekdays and save the challenging, time-consuming recipes for the weekends.
- Plan meals that take minimal ingredients and are easy to keep staple ingredients in your pantry or that will keep fresh in your fridge for several days.
- Give yourself some grace. If your meal planning doesn’t go according to plan, that’s okay. I give myself a day or two of being flexible and that makes it easier for me to stick to the rest of the schedule.
- Buy only what you need. I prefer to plan my meals only a week in advance, but I also take into account holidays, my personal schedule, world pandemics, etc. Shop the best possible way that works for you.
- And finally, find a few family favorite recipes that you can mingle in with other new recipes to try out. Again, keep it simple.
For more information and great tips on meal planning, check out these 15 tips for better weekly meal planning from The Kitchn.
Other family favorite dinner recipes to try (besides this chicken lettuce wrap recipe of course):
To keep things easy during the week … or whenever you just need a moment, this chicken lettuce wrap dinner recipe idea is straightforward and most definitely full of flavor. A take on a PF Changs favorite menu item, it’s ready and on the table in under 30 minutes.
How to make chicken lettuce wraps
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 – 6 spring onions, thinly diced
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- Salt, to taste
- Boston bibb lettuce (or if preferred, tortilla shells)
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Cilantro, to garnish
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, and fish sauce. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, add the spring onions and minced garlic, and sauté for about 2 minutes or until just softened.
- Add the ground chicken, stirring occasionally to prevent catching and cook for about 5 – 8 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, stirring in to incorporate well and allow to cook for about 3 - 5 minutes or until liquid has almost completely reduced. Give it a taste to see if you need to adjust seasoning, add salt if needed.
- Serve tasty chicken with lettuce or tortilla shells, garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
The chicken mixture recipe can be easily doubled if needed/desired. To store leftovers, keep stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Taste great served hot or cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 1234mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 29g
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.