Easy to Make Roasted Potatoes Recipe
This easy Roasted Potatoes Recipe is sponsored by Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel. All opinions are my own.
Not only easy to make but gorgeous tasting, perfectly roasted potatoes!
Okay, so no, nothing is perfect, but these come really really … really close.
The trick to perfectly roasted potatoes is to parboil first, then give them a gentle smoosh with the back of a spoon and then roast them lovingly in a hot oven. Voila! Perfect roasted potatoes.
When I lived for a bit in Ireland, I definitely ate my fair share of potatoes. There are many ways to prepare potatoes, but I found that my favorite way to eat them, is simply roasting them until they have that crispy edge to them.
You could use regular-sized baking potatoes, cut them in half or quarters, and move on to the roasting. They are pretty good that way, but let me tell you, this roasted potato recipe is a tantalizing version that you’ll want to make over and over again.
How to season roasted potatoes.
Potatoes are wonderful, but if not seasoned well they can be bland and boring. They also require just enough salt to enhance their flavor.
I typically go easy on the salt during the cooking process and opt for a finishing salt, such as this beautiful Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel.
It’s a stunning finishing sea salt that is perfect for adding just serving. Not only is it ideal with savory dishes but is just as beautiful incorporated with desserts as well.
To find out more about Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel and find more recipe inspiration, check out their site here, or you can follow them on Facebook or Instagram.
Other tasty recipes to try:
- Easy to make chicken lettuce wraps.
- Tasty Moroccan potato salad.
- Moreish baked gouda with a pear compote.
- Moroccan orange and date salad, yum!
These tasty spuds are so addictive, you may want to double the recipe!
How to make easy roasted potatoes
Perfect Roasted Potatoes
These are so addictive, Perfectly Roasted Potatoes! The ideal side dish for your Sunday dinners or any meal throughout the year.
- 2 pounds new potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry potatoes, make sure that potatoes are all about the same size, cutting in half if needed.
- Place prepared potatoes in a large pot of lightly salted water and bring to a boil, turn heat to medium, and cooking potatoes for about 8 - 10 minutes. Potatoes should be just fork tender, add more time if needed. Drain and allow to steam dry for about 1 minute.
- Spread out potatoes onto a baking sheet and with the back of a spoon, carefully press and smash the potatoes until they just break open and split, but not all the way through so that they aren't completely broken.
- Drizzle the olive oil, lightly season with half of the Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel, black pepper, and thyme, tossing to coat.
- Make sure the potatoes are spread out evenly and bake in the preheated 400°F oven for 30 - 45 minutes or until they start to turn golden on the edges.
- Allow to cool for 3 - 5 minutes finish with the remaining Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel and serve.
You can also use 1 tsp of dried Rosemary and/or Thyme if preferred, or fresh rosemary roughly chopped.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 816mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.
Looks delicious! I love potatoes. Pinning for later!
Thank you… they are so good, hope you enjoy.