A sandwich you probably won’t want to share …
Roast Turkey with Garlic Avocado Mayo Sandwich!
I’m not happy when there is mayo slathered on my sandwiches, I usually prefer it spread very light or none at all.
However, for this tasty sandwich, oh yes PLEASE slather that garlic avocado mayo on generously!
What I love about the mayo part of this sandwich (besides the taste) is that it will last a good bit in your fridge without going off or turning brown, about a week or more kept in an airtight container. It’s easy enough to double and have throughout the week ready to go and you can spice it up or not with your favorite hot sauce.
For the bread I prefer to get a fresh loaf of ciabatta from the bakery and slice it myself, but you can use any type of bread you like or have on hand.
Another great thing about this sandwich is that when those holidays approach (and they are), and the turkey seems to remain, you can use the leftover turkey for these sandwiches. Win|Win! So don’t forget to add this to your list of What in the world am I going to do with this leftover turkey this year?! recipes list.
Other great ways to enjoy the Garlic Avocado Mayo:
- Slather it on not just one but two sandwiches. Ha.
- Spread it over chicken breast and then bake them in the oven at 350°F for about 30 minutes, until gorgeously done.
- Thin it out a little by adding a tablespoon or so of milk until its the desired consistency and use as a salad dressing.
- A gorgeous and tasty addition to fish, shrimp or chicken tacos – after all it’s kind of like guacamole.
- By the spoonful. Simple.
- 1 small Avocado
- 1 heaping tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed or finely minced
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon Hot Sauce (Tabasco), if desired
- Roast Turkey slices
- Provolone Cheese, sliced
- ½ extra-large Tomato, sliced into ¼ inch thickness
- Ciabatta loaf, plain or garlic flavored Ciabatta loaf, sliced into ½ inch slices, toasted
- Slice the avocado in half, using a spoon, scoop out the avocado into a small bowl. Squeeze in the lemon juice, add the mayonnaise, crushed garlic and mash together with a fork until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in hot sauce if desired.
- To assemble the sandwiches, layer the following onto your toasted Ciabatta slices: 2 – 4 slices per sandwich of the Hormel Natural Choice Oven Roasted Turkey, 2 slices provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a generous amount of avocado mayonnaise and final slice of Ciabatta.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.