Lovin’ these Tequila Shrimp Tacos!
In order to keep things balanced I went and threw on a bit of crispy bacon. So if you felt it was lacking, no no, I’ve got you covered! You can also give a bit more heat by adding in some fresh, sliced jalapenos or sprinkle over some crushed chili flakes.
Now, you’re set, enjoy these Tequila Shrimp Tacos with friends and family!
- 1 lb raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Tequila
- 1 Tbsp ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil (can also use Coconut, Olive or Canola Oil)
- 1/2 red Chili, sliced (optional)
- Soft flour Tortilla Shells
- Serving Ideas:
- Crispy Smoked Bacon, cooked according to directions
- Fresh simple Guacamole or sliced Avocado
- Fresh sliced Jalapenos
- Lime Wedges
- Sour Cream
- Roasted Chipotle Salsa] or [Salsa Verde
- In a large bowl or ziploc bag, add the Shrimp along with the Lime Juice, Tequila, Cumin, Salt, Oil and Chili (if using). Mix well to coat Shrimp, seal/cover and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- You can use either a stinkin' hot skillet or heat up your grill, once nice and hot, add the Shrimp and cook 5 - 8 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Warm up the flour Tortillas, spread on a bit of fresh Guacamole, pile on the hot Tequila Shrimp, add some crispy Smoked Bacon and top it off with Roasted Chipotle Salsa and a nice bit of fresh Cilantro scattered over it all.
- You can also add Sour Cream, fresh diced Tomatoes, sliced Chilies or anything that tickles your fancy.
- Recipe can be easily doubled.
- Use 1/2 lb of Shrimp per person.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.