Moroccan inspired and full of gorgeous citrus flavor …
With a Middle Eastern flare, the Orange Salsa is the perfect accompaniment for Shredded Lamb Tacos. Taking my cue for this recipe from the traditional Moroccan orange and carrot salad, I made sure that I incorporated all of the gorgeous flavors. This salsa is not only delicious with lamb but also taste beautiful with chicken or pork.
I wanted to show off the aromatic flavor of the navel oranges, so they stood on their own and would merry well with the fresh ingredients. I decided to roast the orange segments generously drizzled with honey before I added in the rest of the ingredients, it turned out to be oh so gorgeous. The aroma wafting through the house, the flavor in abundance and my mouth singing their praises.
Oh yes, it’s good!
Don’t be shy with this salsa, it likes to show off. You can serve it with chips, queso, lamb, chicken or pork. The color, the taste, it’s all gorgeous, this Orange Salsa is sure to become a favorite.
Moroccan inspired Orange Salsa, taste amazing served with Chicken, Pork or Lamb.
- 2 Navel Oranges, pith removed and chopped
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbls Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbls fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, toss roughly chopped Oranges with the 1/3 cup of Honey and roast in oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a small bowl, add the roasted Oranges and remaining ingredients. Test the flavor and adjust salt to taste. If it's too sharp of a flavor, add a 1/2 tsp more of honey.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Will keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.