This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fresh From Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
You have to try this simple and refreshing dessert …
Blueberries with Lemon Brown Sugar Cream!
Yes indeed, Spring is here and so are the Blueberries!
This is one of those “your friend just popped by at DINNER time and you need to whip up something to share as if you had planned on them being there” kind of desserts. Seriously, dead easy to prepare and will put a smile on all. It’s also one of those recipes that I usually just eyeball the amounts, but to be precise, I have figured it out and written it all down just for you.
Did you know that Blueberries are an incredible little food and pack a powerful punch when it comes to nutrition. Full of vitamin C and antioxidants and only 80 calories a CUP! They have incredible benefits for the nervous system and brain function (memory). There are so many benefits by adding these dandy little fruits to your diet and so many ways to prepare them.
Looking for them in your local grocer? You’ll find plenty this time of year, just make sure that you look for the Fresh From Florida label to assure quality and great flavor. April is not only peak season for Florida Blueberries, but you can also enjoy watermelon and cantaloupe, tomatoes and cucumbers and so many more fresh fruits and vegetables. Remember to look for the label that has Fresh From Florida written all over it.
Here’s a peak at what recipes are featured at Fresh From Florida smothered in our darling of the month, blueberries!
For your recipe inspiration for all of that gorgeous tasting fruit and vegetables or to find out what’s in season, then take a look at the Fresh From Florida website. You’ll find their featured Florida Blueberry Pancakes and Florida Blueberry Cheesecake recipes, as well as so many more. Keep up with them by Liking Fresh From Florida on Facebook, as well as Following them everywhere at Fresh From Florida on Twitter.
Here is the tasty recipe pictured above!
Blueberries with Lemon Brown Sugar Cream
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Greek Style Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream, softly whipped
- Juice & zest of 1/2 Lemon, zest divided into 2 parts
- 2 – 3 Tbls Soft Brown Sugar
- Fresh Mint for garnish, if desired
- In medium bowl whip the 1/2 cup of Whipping Cream until it’s thickened and has soft peaks (not firm peaks).
- Fold the Greek Yogurt into the Whipped Cream and add the juice of 1/2 a Lemon and only 1/2 of the zest. Mix until well incorporated.
- Wash and pick through the Blueberries. Place 1 Tablespoon of the Berries in the bottom of 2 small dishes.
- Divide the Cream mixture between the 2 dishes, placing on top of the Berries.
- Sprinkle Soft Brown Sugar over the cream and remaining Lemon zest.
- Top off with remaining berries and a sprig of Mint for garnish, if desired.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.