Do you love a good steak or chicken dish but feel like it needs a little something extra? Look no further than this delicious chimichurri recipe!
Spice up Your Meals with the Ultimate Chimichurri Recipe: A Burst of Flavor in Every Bite!
Hailing from Argentina, chimichurri is a flavorful sauce made from fresh herbs, garlic, and oil, and it’s the perfect way to add some zing to your meals.
This chimichurri recipe is not only super easy to make, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
This sauce is for you if:
- Chimichurri sauce for steak? This is it.
- Spicy chimichurri? Yup, as spicy as you’d like.
- A sauce to make chimichurri chicken? Again, this is the one chimichurri sauce recipe that will cover all the bases.
It works great as a marinade for meats, as a sauce to drizzle over finished dishes, or even as a topping for salads, pastas, and more. And if you like a little kick in your food, you can adjust the spice level to your liking by adding more or less red chili. I love to drizzle it over freshly made shoestring fries,
What You’ll Need:
Flat Leaf Parsley
Red Wine Vinegar
How to make this chimichurri recipe:
Start by finely chopping fresh cilantro, flat leaf parsley, and oregano. The fresh herbs are what give chimichurri its distinct flavor, so make sure you don’t skimp on these ingredients.
Then, add in some minced garlic, diced red chili, and salt. This mixture alone will already smell amazing!
Next, pour in some red wine vinegar and olive oil, and give everything a good stir. You can either mix it all together by hand or toss everything in a food processor if you prefer a smoother consistency.
Personally, I like to chop everything by hand because I enjoy the process and find it therapeutic. Plus, I feel like the texture is better that way. But hey, if you’re short on time or prefer a smoother sauce, a food processor works great too.
Once everything is mixed together, you’ll have a beautiful, bright green chimichurri sauce that’s packed with flavor. This recipe makes about one cup of sauce, but feel free to double or triple the recipe if you want to make extra.
You can store the sauce in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, so it’s perfect for meal prepping or adding some extra flavor to your dishes throughout the week.
In terms of how to use this delicious sauce, the possibilities are endless. Of course, it goes great with steak and chicken, but it also works well with fish and seafood.
If you’re vegetarian or vegan, try drizzling it over roasted veggies, quinoa bowls, or even avocado toast. Trust me, it’s a game-changer!
Overall, this chimichurri recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves bold, fresh flavors. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or just starting out in the kitchen, this recipe is simple and easy to follow, and it’s sure to impress your taste buds.
So what are you waiting for? Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it can be!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Chimichurri Sauce:
- Quality Ingredients: Since chimichurri sauce relies heavily on fresh herbs, it’s important to choose high-quality ingredients. Look for vibrant and fragrant cilantro, flat leaf parsley, and oregano. Using fresh herbs will elevate the flavor of your chimichurri to new heights.
- Adjust the Heat: If you’re a fan of spicy food, feel free to increase the amount of diced red chili in the recipe. However, if you prefer a milder flavor, you can reduce the amount or even omit it altogether. Don’t be afraid to experiment and find the perfect balance of heat for your taste buds.
- Let it Marinate: When using chimichurri as a marinade, allow your meats to soak in the sauce for at least 30 minutes or even overnight. This will allow the flavors to penetrate the meat, resulting in a more delicious and tender outcome. Just be sure to reserve some fresh chimichurri to drizzle over the cooked meat for an extra burst of flavor.
- Customize to Your Taste: While the traditional chimichurri recipe is fantastic as is, don’t be afraid to add your own twist. Feel free to experiment with additional ingredients such as lime or lemon juice for a citrusy kick, a pinch of cumin for some earthy warmth, or even a touch of honey for a hint of sweetness. Get creative and make it your own!
- Proper Storage: To keep your chimichurri sauce fresh and flavorful, store it in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator. This will help preserve its vibrant color and prevent oxidation. Before storing, press a layer of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the sauce to minimize contact with air. This way, you can enjoy the deliciousness for up to two weeks.
- Double or Triple the Batch: Chimichurri sauce is so versatile and addictive that it’s always a good idea to make a larger quantity. Double or triple the recipe and store the extra sauce in separate jars or containers. This way, you’ll have some on hand whenever you need to add a burst of flavor to your meals.
- Serving Suggestions: Apart from the classic pairing with steak or chicken, chimichurri sauce can enhance a wide range of dishes. Use it as a topping for grilled vegetables, roasted potatoes, or even as a dipping sauce for bread. It can also bring a fresh and tangy twist to tacos, sandwiches, and wraps. Let your culinary imagination run wild!
Remember, chimichurri sauce is all about bold and vibrant flavors. Don’t be afraid to experiment and adapt the recipe to suit your preferences.
With these tips and tricks, you’ll be well on your way to creating the perfect chimichurri sauce every time. Enjoy the journey of discovering new flavor combinations and delighting your taste buds with this versatile condiment.
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh Oregano, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Red Chili, finely diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the herbs, add in the minced garlic, red chili and salt.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar and olive oil and mix well.
- Keep stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Originally Posted 5/4/2018
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.