This post is sponsored by Toyota USA. All opinions are all my own.
I don’t know about you, but I find that there are so many things and people that get taken for granted. So, recently I decided to slow down, take note of those around me and the things that I have been blessed with, and be intentional about being truly grateful.
One way that I love to show how grateful I am is by creating something from my kitchen and sharing it with those around me, and this time, I decided to personally thank my local firefighters. I baked up a batch of these tasty White Chocolate Blondies, wrapped them up all nice and tempting and delivered them. Such a great feeling to be able to give and show kindness!
I know that these men and women are just doing their job, but to many they are true heroes. So I want us to try to daily remember those who fight for us, from the firefighters to the police and medical field, they’ve got our backs regardless.
In one of my intentional moments of saying thanks, I was able to sport around in the nifty new Toyota Prius Prime! It was like driving a tablet around town with all of the fancy gadgets, an HD media display dashboard that Captain Kirk would have been proud of, and of course it was absolute comfort! The inviting interior is beautiful and feels luxurious, with seats that give you a gentle hug and plenty of support. If you’re looking for a car that can do everything but the dishes, this is the one, filled with smart tech at every turn.
I loved that it’s a hybrid, so if you’re out of “juice” you can switch over to using fuel until you can charge it up again, so yes, this amazing car is rather fuel efficient. The first time I started the car, it was so quiet that I was unsure if it was actually started…seriously that quiet. A perfect car for around town and work. Oh and I must mention the QI compatible wireless charging, simply place your QI compatible device on the nonslip holder and you’ll be all charged and ready to go before you can say one of those crazy long words…or when you arrive at your destination.
To find out more, visit Toyota USA!
These blondies definitely seem to have more fun, and quickly disappeared too when your not looking. That being said, my kids love them! They can be made in advanced and are great to share with friends, families or your local heroes!
White Chocolate Blondies with Coconut and Lime
Yield 16 squares
Try making a batch of these White Chocolate Blondies with a hint of Coconut and Lime to brighten your day.
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 (12 oz) package White Chocolate Chips, divided
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 15 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk, divided
- 1 cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut, divided
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lime
- 1/2 Almonds, toasted and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Prepare a square 8 x 8 baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the Unsalted Butter, about 1 - 2 minutes, remove from heat and add in 1 cup of the White Chocolate Chips, no need to stir, just allow the heat of the butter to melt the chips.
- In a stand mixer, beat the Eggs until frothy, add in the sugar and continue to beat until well blended.
- Add in the melted Chocolate mixture and Vanilla, mix on medium speed combining well.
- Mix in the Flour and Salt mixing until well incorporated.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until just starting to brown. Remove from oven.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together 1/2 cup of the Sweetened Condensed Milk, 1/2 cup Coconut, and Lime Juice and Zest, stirring to mix well. Spread over the partially baked blondies.
- Mix the remaining batter with the remaining 1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk, Chocolate Chips, and 1/2 cup Coconut and pour over on top, spreading out evenly.
- Top with the sliced Almonds and bake in the 325°F oven for 25 - 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown. *Don't be tempted to bake until golden brown, as this will dry them out and they will be over-baked.*
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes to an hour before slicing into squares.