Avocado’s have to be one of the most incredible foods! I love the taste and the way it goes with sweet or savory blends.
When I’m in a hurry and need a quick meal, just give me an avocado and a spoon and I’m satisfied! One of my favorite ways to enjoy that creamy, bright beauty is spread over a piece of toast with a fair amount of dried crushed Sriracha flakes or crushed red pepper flakes and a drizzle of olive oil. That’s it. So easy, fast and delicious! Healthy fast food indeed.
For the best flavor, I like to “dry” grill my toast either on the grill or under the broiler in the oven. The grill gives the toast the best flavor. If you are in a real hurry though, your trusty toaster will work just fine.
You can get creative and use the avocado’s as the base spread for any sandwich or even tossed into your favorite salad. Yes, the possibilities are just about endless.
So the next time, you need a quick snack, appetizer or lite lunch, get creative with Avocado Toast and enjoy.
- You favorite bread for toasting, I used 100% Whole Wheat bread
- 1 large Avocado, cut in half and scooped out
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice, to prevent browning
- Olive Oil to drizzle
- Dried Crushed Sriracha or Crushed Red Pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Toast your sliced bread with on the grill, under the broiler or toaster.
- Using a fork, mash up the Avocado in a small bowl and add in the Lemon Juice and Salt to taste.
- Spread Avocado over toast, sprinkle with Sriracha or Red Pepper flakes and drizzle with Olive Oil.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.