Easy to make cedar plank Salmon Tacos!
This Cedar Plank Salmon Tacos Recipe is sponsored by Cedar Bay Grilling Company. All opinions are my own.
I love a tasty fish taco recipe, and this cedar plank salmon oven recipe makes for the best recipe!
You can make the cedar plank salmon in the oven or on the grill, so it can be enjoyed any time of year. I enjoy finding salmon already prepped with the cedar plank and marinated for this recipe, as it’s as simple as heating the grill or oven and popping it on with no need to soak the cedar.
Can you use a cedar plank in the oven?
Yes, you can use a cedar plank in the oven. Regardless of using on the grill or in the oven, the cedar must first be soaked in salted water, making Cedar Bays Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon a time savor while at the same time, giving your salmon filet time to marinade in either their sugar and spice or applewood with orange and ginger planked salmon.
What does a cedar plank do for salmon?
Using a cedar plank when cooking salmon gives the fish a slightly smoky flavor, similar to using smoking chips while grilling. Besides adding a tasty layer of flavor, this easy technique allows the fish to steam while cooking, keeping it from drying out.
What toppings do you put on a taco?
While waiting on the planked salmon to cook, you can prepare your favorite taco ingredients to add on. I enjoy lightly charring on the grill or pan-searing tomatoes and jalapenos to add a bit of depth to the overall flavor.
Other taco ingredient ideas I like to use are:
- Fresh cilantro
- Avocado or guacamole, such as this spicy guacamole recipe
- Fresh Mexican fresh cheese, queso fresco (or you can use feta cheese)
- Black beans
- Rice, such as this Mexican rice recipe
- I prefer soft flour tortillas, but you can also enjoy this recipe with soft corn tortillas or hard shell tortillas
- Sliced onions
- Your favorite salsa, I enjoy a creamy avocado salsa with this salmon taco recipe
- Sour cream
Where to buy cedar plank salmon?
Look for Cedar Bay Planked Atlantic Salmon at one of these stores near you.
- Fred Meyer
- Giant Eagle
- Stop n Shop
- Roche Bros
How to make cedar plank salmon tacos?
- 1 - 24 ounce Cedar Bay Planked Atlantic Salmon, Sugar and Spice flavor
- 6 - 8 soft shell tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced and seared
- 1 - 2 jalapenos, sliced and seared
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1/4 cup salsa, I used a creamy avocado salsa
- 1/4 cup queso fresco, or feta cheese
- A handful of fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup
- Place cedar-planked Atlantic Salmon on baking sheet (salmon is already marinated and placed skin side down). Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until salmon easily flakes with fork.
- Warm softshell tortillas, prepare vegetables by pan-searing sliced tomatoes and jalapenos in a skillet over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Once the salmon is done, flake with a fork, discarding skin.
Create your salmon tacos:
Start with warm softshell tortillas, add the flaked salmon, pan-seared tomatoes and jalapenos, avocado slices, diced green onions, salsa to taste, queso fresco, and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
To make on the grill, visit The Kitchn for instruction on how to grill cedar plank salmon.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.